EXCLUSIVE: Kenny Wormald and Jonathan Daniel Brown have been set to star in Kid Cannabis, a fact-based indie about two guys who smuggle pot between the borders of Idaho and British Columbia. Wormald got his break playing Ren (the Kevin Bacon role) in the Footloose remake while Brown starred in Project X. Stockwell wrote the script for Kid Cannabis, based on a Rolling Stone article. Stockwell’s Code Name Geronimo, a drama about the hunt for Osama Bin Laden, sold in a big Cannes deal to The Weinstein Company. TWC plans to release in early fall, putting the film before the Kathryn Bigelow-directed Zero Dark Thirty, a drama on the same subject which Sony Pictures will release December 19. Wormald is repped by UTA and Caliber Media, Brown by CAA and Black Box Management and Stockwell by ICM Partners.
'Footloose's Kenny Wormald In John Stockwell's 'Kid Cannabis'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Donald Trump's Tape Admission "Extraordinarily Stupid" Confirmation Of James Comey Testimony
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow - International Box Office
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $68M Start; 'Wonder Woman' Steps On 'Cars 3' In 2nd-Place Fight - Monday AM
Latest Film News
- Josh Duhamel To Make Directing Debut On WWE Studios’ ‘The Buddy Games’
- ‘Fahrenheit 451’: Laura Harrier Cast As Millie In HBO Movie
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Review: All Hail Caesar In Summer’s Crown Jewel Blockbuster
- MRC’s Modi Wiczyk Explains Risks Of Summer Originals ‘Baby Driver’ And ‘The Dark Tower’
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Rises To $199M Overseas, $267M+ Global Bow – International Box Office
- ‘The Conjuring 3’ Is Summoned By New Line; David Leslie Johnson Hired To Script