EXCLUSIVE: Kenny Wormald and Jonathan Daniel Brown have been set to star in Kid Cannabis, a fact-based indie about two guys who smuggle pot between the borders of Idaho and British Columbia. Wormald got his break playing Ren (the Kevin Bacon role) in the Footloose remake while Brown starred in Project X. Stockwell wrote the script for Kid Cannabis, based on a Rolling Stone article. Stockwell’s Code Name Geronimo, a drama about the hunt for Osama Bin Laden, sold in a big Cannes deal to The Weinstein Company. TWC plans to release in early fall, putting the film before the Kathryn Bigelow-directed Zero Dark Thirty, a drama on the same subject which Sony Pictures will release December 19. Wormald is repped by UTA and Caliber Media, Brown by CAA and Black Box Management and Stockwell by ICM Partners.
'Footloose's Kenny Wormald In John Stockwell's 'Kid Cannabis'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’