EXCLUSIVE: Kenny Wormald and Jonathan Daniel Brown have been set to star in Kid Cannabis, a fact-based indie about two guys who smuggle pot between the borders of Idaho and British Columbia. Wormald got his break playing Ren (the Kevin Bacon role) in the Footloose remake while Brown starred in Project X. Stockwell wrote the script for Kid Cannabis, based on a Rolling Stone article. Stockwell’s Code Name Geronimo, a drama about the hunt for Osama Bin Laden, sold in a big Cannes deal to The Weinstein Company. TWC plans to release in early fall, putting the film before the Kathryn Bigelow-directed Zero Dark Thirty, a drama on the same subject which Sony Pictures will release December 19. Wormald is repped by UTA and Caliber Media, Brown by CAA and Black Box Management and Stockwell by ICM Partners.
'Footloose's Kenny Wormald In John Stockwell's 'Kid Cannabis'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- ‘Fall In Love’: Will This Virtual Reality Program Make You Fall In Love?
- Oscars: France Enters Robin Campillo’s ‘BPM’ In Foreign Language Race
- CAA Signs TIFF Rising Star Jessie Buckley; Primary Wave Signs ‘Human Traces’ Vinnie Bennett
- David Tennant & Elisabeth Moss’ ‘Mad To Be Normal’ Headed To Samuel Goldwyn Films
- ‘Star Wars’ Will Receive Promotional Help From Tie-Ins With Six Major Brands
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans