EXCLUSIVE: Kenny Wormald and Jonathan Daniel Brown have been set to star in Kid Cannabis, a fact-based indie about two guys who smuggle pot between the borders of Idaho and British Columbia. Wormald got his break playing Ren (the Kevin Bacon role) in the Footloose remake while Brown starred in Project X. Stockwell wrote the script for Kid Cannabis, based on a Rolling Stone article. Stockwell’s Code Name Geronimo, a drama about the hunt for Osama Bin Laden, sold in a big Cannes deal to The Weinstein Company. TWC plans to release in early fall, putting the film before the Kathryn Bigelow-directed Zero Dark Thirty, a drama on the same subject which Sony Pictures will release December 19. Wormald is repped by UTA and Caliber Media, Brown by CAA and Black Box Management and Stockwell by ICM Partners.
'Footloose's Kenny Wormald In John Stockwell's 'Kid Cannabis'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest Film News
- Starz Launches On Amazon Prime In The UK And Germany, Coming Soon To YouTube TV In U.S.
- Lionsgate Beats Wall Street’s Q4 Estimates On OTT Revenue, TV Profit Uptick
- Elle Fanning Is 'Mary Shelley'; Fashion's André Talley Lands Doc – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Peter Chelsom To Direct ‘The Boy Who Knew Too Much’ At Fox; True Tale Of Toddler Claiming To Be Lou Gehrig
- ‘All the Money in the World’ Actor Charlie Shotwell, Edi Patterson Added To Amazon’s ‘Troupe Zero…
- Morgan Freeman: SAG Reviewing Possible “Corrective Actions” Against Its Lifetime Achievement Honoree