The huge success of Marvel’s The Avengers helped to propel 12-year-old Fandango to its best-ever May results in traffic and ticket sales, the company says. Sales were up 47% vs. last May while the number of monthly visitors was up 29% to 34M. It was Fandango’s biggest tally for any month, with 28% of ticket sales coming from people using mobile devices. “Fandango’s record-setting May is yet another signal of the incredible momentum behind Fandango right now, says General Manager Rick Butler. In addition to the huge interest in The Avengers, Fandango was helped by recent deals with AMC Theatres, Regency Theatres and other chains, and partnerships that made it the movie ticketing provider for Yahoo! and AOL’s Moviefone. Fandango is owned by Comcast.
Fandango Reports Record Results For May
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content