The huge success of Marvel’s The Avengers helped to propel 12-year-old Fandango to its best-ever May results in traffic and ticket sales, the company says. Sales were up 47% vs. last May while the number of monthly visitors was up 29% to 34M. It was Fandango’s biggest tally for any month, with 28% of ticket sales coming from people using mobile devices. “Fandango’s record-setting May is yet another signal of the incredible momentum behind Fandango right now, says General Manager Rick Butler. In addition to the huge interest in The Avengers, Fandango was helped by recent deals with AMC Theatres, Regency Theatres and other chains, and partnerships that made it the movie ticketing provider for Yahoo! and AOL’s Moviefone. Fandango is owned by Comcast.
Fandango Reports Record Results For May
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Susan Lyne Moves From AOL's Brand Group To A New Fund For Women-led Internet Ventures
- Apple Says It's Not Responsible For Theft Of Celebrity Nude Photos
- Relativity CEO Says Appointment Of Lawyer As Managing Director Will Help IPO Plans
- It's No Blip, Online Video Is Taking Ad Dollars From Traditional TV: Analyst
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones