The huge success of Marvel’s The Avengers helped to propel 12-year-old Fandango to its best-ever May results in traffic and ticket sales, the company says. Sales were up 47% vs. last May while the number of monthly visitors was up 29% to 34M. It was Fandango’s biggest tally for any month, with 28% of ticket sales coming from people using mobile devices. “Fandango’s record-setting May is yet another signal of the incredible momentum behind Fandango right now, says General Manager Rick Butler. In addition to the huge interest in The Avengers, Fandango was helped by recent deals with AMC Theatres, Regency Theatres and other chains, and partnerships that made it the movie ticketing provider for Yahoo! and AOL’s Moviefone. Fandango is owned by Comcast.
Fandango Reports Record Results For May
What's Hot on Deadline
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest Film News
- ‘The Martian’ Opens To $44.6M, Will Pass $100M Worldwide Today – Int’l Box Final
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Karl Glusman Joins ‘Nocturnal Animals’
- ‘Furious 8’ Director Shortlist Down To Last Few
- ‘Kilo Two Bravo’ Director & Writer Ink With Verve
- Matthew McConaughey To Present Reese Witherspoon With American Cinematheque Honor