The huge success of Marvel’s The Avengers helped to propel 12-year-old Fandango to its best-ever May results in traffic and ticket sales, the company says. Sales were up 47% vs. last May while the number of monthly visitors was up 29% to 34M. It was Fandango’s biggest tally for any month, with 28% of ticket sales coming from people using mobile devices. “Fandango’s record-setting May is yet another signal of the incredible momentum behind Fandango right now, says General Manager Rick Butler. In addition to the huge interest in The Avengers, Fandango was helped by recent deals with AMC Theatres, Regency Theatres and other chains, and partnerships that made it the movie ticketing provider for Yahoo! and AOL’s Moviefone. Fandango is owned by Comcast.
Fandango Reports Record Results For May
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Are Advertisers Getting Ready To Leave The Super Bowl Party?
- Univision Extends CEO Randy Falco’s Contract To 2018
- Nickelodeon Developing A Direct-To-Consumer Subscription Service
- Viacom Q4 Revenues Miss Expectations With 6% Drop In U.S. Ad Sales
- NBC (Finally) Sells Out Super Bowl Ad Inventory
- Facebook’s Growth In Mobile Ad Sales Help It To Beat Q4 Earnings Expectations