EXCLUSIVE: The Greendale Community College gang will be coming back intact in the fall. I have learned that Sony Pictures TV, which produces Community, has picked up the options on all actors from the cult NBC comedy series for next season. That includes co-star Chevy Chase, who seemed noncommittal about his future on the show in the spring. “I probably won’t be around that much longer,” he said in an interview with the Huffington Post in April, around the time we broke the story about his feud with Community creator-executive producer Dan Harmon. Following Community‘s renewal by NBC for a fourth season last month, Harmon was replaced with new showrunners, David Guarascio and Moses Port. When a Community Comic-Con panel was announced yesterday, confirmed to appear were Joel McHale, Alison Brie, Yvette Nicole Brown, Gillian Jacobs and Danny Pudi. The list doesn’t not include Chase as well as fellow original regular cast member Donald Glover. It turns out Chase is out of town for the convention but will be back to work when Community starts production on Season 4 as will be all other regulars, McHale, Jacobs, Brown, Brie, Glover, Jim Rash and Ken Jeong. The series is riding high after scoring its first major award at the recent Critics Choice Television Awards, where it won best comedy series. More good news for the show came out of San Diego, where Community was moved up to the convention center this year.
Entire 'Community' Cast Coming Back
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'