EXCLUSIVE: The Greendale Community College gang will be coming back intact in the fall. I have learned that Sony Pictures TV, which produces Community, has picked up the options on all actors from the cult NBC comedy series for next season. That includes co-star Chevy Chase, who seemed noncommittal about his future on the show in the spring. “I probably won’t be around that much longer,” he said in an interview with the Huffington Post in April, around the time we broke the story about his feud with Community creator-executive producer Dan Harmon. Following Community‘s renewal by NBC for a fourth season last month, Harmon was replaced with new showrunners, David Guarascio and Moses Port. When a Community Comic-Con panel was announced yesterday, confirmed to appear were Joel McHale, Alison Brie, Yvette Nicole Brown, Gillian Jacobs and Danny Pudi. The list doesn’t not include Chase as well as fellow original regular cast member Donald Glover. It turns out Chase is out of town for the convention but will be back to work when Community starts production on Season 4 as will be all other regulars, McHale, Jacobs, Brown, Brie, Glover, Jim Rash and Ken Jeong. The series is riding high after scoring its first major award at the recent Critics Choice Television Awards, where it won best comedy series. More good news for the show came out of San Diego, where Community was moved up to the convention center this year.
Entire ‘Community’ Cast Coming Back
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Latest TV News
- Trailer: ‘Doctor Who’ Christmas Special Heads To New York
- Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment Making English-Language Version Of Scandi Teen Hit ‘Shame’
- Jimmy Kimmel’s ‘Big Fan’ Game Show Sets Debut Date With Matthew McConaughey
- ‘Timeless’: Annie Wersching Set To Recur On NBC Time Travel Drama Series
- Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Docu Series Set For HBO: ‘Defiant Ones’ Bows Next Year
- Mark Jackson Joins Seth MacFarlane's Fox Series 'Orville'