The commentator’s splitting from MSNBC on June 25 and says on his website that he has “been inspired by meeting countless ‘doers’ ” and decided “to collaborate and join with some of these leaders to experiment and explore new ways to tell their stories.” Is that really a smart move on the eve of a presidential election, Ratigan muses. In fact, he says, “the timing couldn’t be better.” He says that “the thrill of an opportunity to expand new systems that cost less and give us more in every part of life is impossible to pass up…. While I don’t know exactly how my own story will develop, I hope to share some initial details with you soon.” He added that he looks forward “to collaborating with all of you in learning, sharing, and building new ways to solve old problems in this expanding mission.” For now, MSNBC plans to move Martin Bashir’s show into Ratigan’s 4 PM ET time slot. The New York Times lauded Ratigan for being “a crusader of sorts, challenging cable news norms — and sometimes sticking out from the rest of MSNBC’s daily schedule.” The paper was told that he made an unusually high $1M a year.
Dylan Ratigan Says He's Leaving MSNBC To “Explore New Ways” To Tell Stories
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest TV News
- Actress Accuses ‘Girls’ EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him…
- Netflix Orders Comedy Series Starring Rev Run From Amblin TV & ABC Signature
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Review: Gotta Watch Spike Lee’s TV Version Of 1986 Movie
- CBS Gives ‘S.W.A.T’ Full-Season Order, Picks Up 3 More Episodes Of ‘9JKL’, No Decision Yet On ‘Wisdom Of the Crowd…
- ‘Dietland’ Casts Ricardo Davila As Regular; Dale Whibley Joins ‘Ice’
- Liza Koshy To Star In New YouTube Red Comedy Series ‘Liza On Demand’