The Jungle Book is the first of three classic titles set to be developed and produce by India-based animation house DQ Entertainment Ireland Ltd, which kicked off its theatrical features business last year with The Prodigies for Warner Bros, Onyx Films and Fidélité Films in France. Its first film under its new feature division, which it announced today, will be based on the Rudyard Kipling tale, a $45 million stereoscopic 3D animated film already in production and targeted for a 2014 release. Animation vets Jun Falkenstein and Kevin Johnson are co-directing a script by Madagascar writer Billy Frolick. Pre- and post-production will be based in LA, with animation to be handled at DQE’s Hyderabad, India, headquarters. DQE chairman and founder Tapaas Chakravarti is producing. Rollman Entertainment CEO Eric Rollman, a former president of Marvel Animation and Saban/Fox Family Productions, and DQE’S VP Intellectual Property Rouhini Jaswal are executive producing. “By leading off our slate with a 3D stereoscopic version of The Jungle Book, a classic and universally beloved story based in India, our home country, we’re making a bold statement to the industry — that DQE is committed to put the creative, technical and financial resources together to produce compelling, high-quality animation for all distribution channels,” Chakravarti said in a release.
DQ Entertainment Ireland Launches Feature Film Unit, Greenlights Animated 'Jungle Book' As First Project
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland