EXCLUSIVE: Darren Aronofsky is casting up the main roles for Noah, the Biblical epic that stars Russell Crowe. I’m told Aronofsky has set Douglas Booth to play Noah’s son Shem. Noah’s older son, Ham, will be played by Logan Lerman. Still to be cast is Noah’s wife — word is that Jennifer Connelly is among the actresses in the mix for that role (she starred with Crowe in A Beautiful Mind) — as well as Noah’s nemesis in the film. Early on there were whispers that Liam Neeson might play that role, but that’s not happening. There is also a great role for a young actress, the love interest for Noah’s oldest son. The film’s being co-financed by Paramount and New Regency and is Aronofsky’s follow-up to Black Swan.
Douglas Booth And Logan Lerman Board Boat For 'Noah'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Battling Mexico President Over Whether They Talked About Paying For Wall, Ending Brief Truce
'The White Princess': Alex Kalymnios To Direct Starz Miniseries; Amy Manson, Andrew Whipp, Patrick Gibson Join Cast
Latest Film News
- Broad Green’s Head Of Distribution Travis Reid Resigns
- Covert Media Taps Jim Harvey SVP International Sales Ahead Of Toronto
- ‘The Light Between Oceans’ Venice Review: Michael Fassbender & Alicia Vikander Shine In Engrossing Drama
- New UTA Venue Giving Artists Some Space
- Jim Gaffigan & Olivia Thirlby Join ‘Chappaquiddick’
- ‘Max Steel’ Trailer: Mattel’s Action Figure Line Gets Live Action Treatment