Disney CEO Bob Iger and First Lady Michelle Obama are poised to make the announcement tomorrow that the company will stop accepting some unhealthy-food ads on its TV and radio shows and websites aimed at kids. Reuters reports Disney plans to cut ads during children’s programming for foods that fail to meet minimum nutrition requirements. If true, it’ll be more bad news for the sweets business, after New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced last week his plan to ban oversized soft drinks in the city — a plan frowned upon by the National Association of Theatre Owners owing to the possible impact on movie concession sales.
Disney's Kid Shows To Limit Junk-Food Ads: Reuters
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'