Disney CEO Bob Iger and First Lady Michelle Obama are poised to make the announcement tomorrow that the company will stop accepting some unhealthy-food ads on its TV and radio shows and websites aimed at kids. Reuters reports Disney plans to cut ads during children’s programming for foods that fail to meet minimum nutrition requirements. If true, it’ll be more bad news for the sweets business, after New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced last week his plan to ban oversized soft drinks in the city — a plan frowned upon by the National Association of Theatre Owners owing to the possible impact on movie concession sales.
Disney's Kid Shows To Limit Junk-Food Ads: Reuters
What's Hot on Deadline
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest TV News
- ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’ Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series…
- ‘Vikings’ Gets Trailer & Season Premiere Date – Comic-Con
- Crime Experts On Bellum Entertainment Shows Halt Work Until Back Wages Are Paid
- Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy ‘Saturday Night Live’ Parody “Funny”; Sean Hannity Reminds Him…
- ‘Iron Fist’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix – Comic-Con
- ‘The Punisher’ Drops New Teaser In Hall H – Comic-Con