EXCLUSIVE: Matt Letscher has joined Devil’s Knot. The actor, who appears on ABC’s Scandal, will play defense attorney “Paul Ford” in the Atom Egoyan-directed film about the West Memphis 3. Letscher is scheduled to start filming on Devil’s Knot early next month. The Ford character represents Jason Baldwin, one of the three teenagers accused of a triple homicide. Despite no psychical evidence, the three were convicted in 1993. Baldwin, along with Damien Echols and Jessie Misskelley were finally released in 2011. Reese Witherspoon, Colin Firth, and Alessandro Nivola head the cast. The Ringer regular Kris Polaha, Collette Wolfe, The Secret Life Of The American Teenager’s Kristopher Higgins and The Killing’s Mireille Enos are also on board. Scott Derrickson and Paul Boardman, the team behind The Exorcism Of Emily Rose, wrote the film’s original script; Egoyan is now working with Boardman on a rewrite. The film is based on the 2003 book Devil’s Knot: The True Story Of The West Memphis Three by investigative reporter Mara Leveritt. Letscher is repped by IFA Talent & Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management.
'Devil's Knot' Adds Matt Letscher To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks