EXCLUSIVE: Matt Letscher has joined Devil’s Knot. The actor, who appears on ABC’s Scandal, will play defense attorney “Paul Ford” in the Atom Egoyan-directed film about the West Memphis 3. Letscher is scheduled to start filming on Devil’s Knot early next month. The Ford character represents Jason Baldwin, one of the three teenagers accused of a triple homicide. Despite no psychical evidence, the three were convicted in 1993. Baldwin, along with Damien Echols and Jessie Misskelley were finally released in 2011. Reese Witherspoon, Colin Firth, and Alessandro Nivola head the cast. The Ringer regular Kris Polaha, Collette Wolfe, The Secret Life Of The American Teenager’s Kristopher Higgins and The Killing’s Mireille Enos are also on board. Scott Derrickson and Paul Boardman, the team behind The Exorcism Of Emily Rose, wrote the film’s original script; Egoyan is now working with Boardman on a rewrite. The film is based on the 2003 book Devil’s Knot: The True Story Of The West Memphis Three by investigative reporter Mara Leveritt. Letscher is repped by IFA Talent & Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management.
'Devil's Knot' Adds Matt Letscher To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- Margot Robbie Near Deal To Join ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Paramount Picks Up Spec ‘Northeast Kingdom’ For Platinum Dunes; Alex R. Johnson Attached To Direct
- Mel Gibson Scores Hollywood Film Awards Director Honor
- Shannon Purser Joins Joey King In ‘Wish Upon’ For Broad Green Pictures
- Kristin Harris Named VP Acquisitions & Distribution At Good Deed Entertainment
- Monterey Media Nabs Sundance Pic ‘Sophie And The Rising Sun’