EXCLUSIVE: Matt Letscher has joined Devil’s Knot. The actor, who appears on ABC’s Scandal, will play defense attorney “Paul Ford” in the Atom Egoyan-directed film about the West Memphis 3. Letscher is scheduled to start filming on Devil’s Knot early next month. The Ford character represents Jason Baldwin, one of the three teenagers accused of a triple homicide. Despite no psychical evidence, the three were convicted in 1993. Baldwin, along with Damien Echols and Jessie Misskelley were finally released in 2011. Reese Witherspoon, Colin Firth, and Alessandro Nivola head the cast. The Ringer regular Kris Polaha, Collette Wolfe, The Secret Life Of The American Teenager’s Kristopher Higgins and The Killing’s Mireille Enos are also on board. Scott Derrickson and Paul Boardman, the team behind The Exorcism Of Emily Rose, wrote the film’s original script; Egoyan is now working with Boardman on a rewrite. The film is based on the 2003 book Devil’s Knot: The True Story Of The West Memphis Three by investigative reporter Mara Leveritt. Letscher is repped by IFA Talent & Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management.
'Devil's Knot' Adds Matt Letscher To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…
- ‘Tomorrowland’ & ‘Poltergeist’ Rise In Matinees – Box Office Friday
- ‘Mr. Holmes’ Lawsuit: Arthur Conan Doyle Estate Sues Bill Condon & Distributors
- Michael Rooker Signs Up For ‘The Belko Experiment'; Bai Ling To Have ‘Maximum Impact’