EXCLUSIVE: Rex Linn has joined the cast of Devil’s Knot. Linn will play Chief Inspector Gary Gitchell in the Atom Egoyen-directed feature about the wrongfully convicted and wrongly imprisoned West Memphis 3. He joins Colin Firth, Reese Witherspoon Alessandro Nivola and more in the film. The real-life Gitchell, who left the Memphis police force a few months after the three teens’ convictions in an Arkansas triple homicide, was the lead investigator in the 1993 case. Linn played Detective Frank Tripp on CSI: Miami, which CBS cancelled last month after 10 seasons. Linn also appears in Quentin Tarantino’s upcoming Django Unchained. Elizabeth Fowler, Clark Peterson, Richard Saperstein and Christopher Woodrow are producing Devil’s Knot. Molly Conners, Sarah Johnson Redlich, Maria Cestone and Hoyt David Morgan are executive producers alongside WM3 defendants Jessie Misskelley Jr. and Jason Baldwin. Rex Linn is repped by ROAR.
'Devil's Knot' Adds 'CSI: Miami's' Rex Linn
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings