That dismal audience of 2.7 million viewers for the 2009 Daytime Emmy Awards on the CW looks pretty damn good compared with this year’s viewership for the awards show, which has been without a permanent TV home for the past four years. Airing on cable network HLN, the Daytime Emmys drew 912,000 from 8-10 PM on Saturday night. The live broadcast more than doubled the cable network’s primetime average, but it is unclear whether the CNN sibling would go for an encore after picking up the awards show in a one-off deal this year. Compare with last year’s Daytime Emmys on CBS (5.4 million), this year’s telecast was down 83%.
Daytime Emmys Draw Fewer Than 1 Million Viewers On HLN
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- Michael King Dead: TV Exec Who Helped Launch ‘Oprah’ Show Was 66
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Targeted As Visa, Coke Kick Up Pressure
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications