That dismal audience of 2.7 million viewers for the 2009 Daytime Emmy Awards on the CW looks pretty damn good compared with this year’s viewership for the awards show, which has been without a permanent TV home for the past four years. Airing on cable network HLN, the Daytime Emmys drew 912,000 from 8-10 PM on Saturday night. The live broadcast more than doubled the cable network’s primetime average, but it is unclear whether the CNN sibling would go for an encore after picking up the awards show in a one-off deal this year. Compare with last year’s Daytime Emmys on CBS (5.4 million), this year’s telecast was down 83%.
Daytime Emmys Draw Fewer Than 1 Million Viewers On HLN
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21