That dismal audience of 2.7 million viewers for the 2009 Daytime Emmy Awards on the CW looks pretty damn good compared with this year’s viewership for the awards show, which has been without a permanent TV home for the past four years. Airing on cable network HLN, the Daytime Emmys drew 912,000 from 8-10 PM on Saturday night. The live broadcast more than doubled the cable network’s primetime average, but it is unclear whether the CNN sibling would go for an encore after picking up the awards show in a one-off deal this year. Compare with last year’s Daytime Emmys on CBS (5.4 million), this year’s telecast was down 83%.
Daytime Emmys Draw Fewer Than 1 Million Viewers On HLN
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' Is A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD