That dismal audience of 2.7 million viewers for the 2009 Daytime Emmy Awards on the CW looks pretty damn good compared with this year’s viewership for the awards show, which has been without a permanent TV home for the past four years. Airing on cable network HLN, the Daytime Emmys drew 912,000 from 8-10 PM on Saturday night. The live broadcast more than doubled the cable network’s primetime average, but it is unclear whether the CNN sibling would go for an encore after picking up the awards show in a one-off deal this year. Compare with last year’s Daytime Emmys on CBS (5.4 million), this year’s telecast was down 83%.
Daytime Emmys Draw Fewer Than 1 Million Viewers On HLN
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- Catherine Zeta-Jones Talks ‘Cocaine Godmother’ & True Ambition – Mipcom
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- NBCU And Snap Inc. Launch Digital Studio With Lauren Anderson Heading Content
- Jimmy Kimmel Returns To Brooklyn, Vowing To Be “As Artisanal As It Gets”
- Trevor Noah Probes Chicago Murder Rate To Kick Off ‘The Daily Show’ Windy City Week
- Univision Goes Dark On Verizon FiOS In Carriage Dispute