That dismal audience of 2.7 million viewers for the 2009 Daytime Emmy Awards on the CW looks pretty damn good compared with this year’s viewership for the awards show, which has been without a permanent TV home for the past four years. Airing on cable network HLN, the Daytime Emmys drew 912,000 from 8-10 PM on Saturday night. The live broadcast more than doubled the cable network’s primetime average, but it is unclear whether the CNN sibling would go for an encore after picking up the awards show in a one-off deal this year. Compare with last year’s Daytime Emmys on CBS (5.4 million), this year’s telecast was down 83%.
Daytime Emmys Draw Fewer Than 1 Million Viewers On HLN
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'