David Tennant and Emily Watson will play a husband and wife in upcoming three-part BBC Two series, The Politician’s Husband. The story follows the shifting balance of power in a political marriage and the consequences when a wife becomes more successful than her husband. The Paula Milne-created drama is a follow-up to 1995’s International Emmy and BAFTA award winning The Politician’s Wife that starred Minnie Driver, Juliet Stevenson and Trevor Eve. Daybreak Pictures is producing for BBC Two. Simon Cellan Jones, whose credits include HBO’s Treme and Showtime’s The Borgias, is directing. Shooting this month, the drama is exec produced by David Aukin and Lucy Richer and produced by Hal Vogel.
David Tennant, Emily Watson To Star In BBC Two's 'The Politician's Husband'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot