David Tennant and Emily Watson will play a husband and wife in upcoming three-part BBC Two series, The Politician’s Husband. The story follows the shifting balance of power in a political marriage and the consequences when a wife becomes more successful than her husband. The Paula Milne-created drama is a follow-up to 1995’s International Emmy and BAFTA award winning The Politician’s Wife that starred Minnie Driver, Juliet Stevenson and Trevor Eve. Daybreak Pictures is producing for BBC Two. Simon Cellan Jones, whose credits include HBO’s Treme and Showtime’s The Borgias, is directing. Shooting this month, the drama is exec produced by David Aukin and Lucy Richer and produced by Hal Vogel.
David Tennant, Emily Watson To Star In BBC Two's 'The Politician's Husband'
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cate Blanchett, Melissa McCarthy, Suzanne Somers And Disney Self-Absorption
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel