EXCLUSIVE: David Manson has come on board AMC’s LaGravenese & Goldwyn pilot (aka Philly Lawyer) as executive producer/showrunner. The untitled project is a legal thriller centered on a District Attorney who uncovers new evidence that prompts the reinvestigation of a sensational murder case. It explores personal morality and how people struggle with the shades of grey found in the absence of a simple, ordered moral universe. Feature scribe LaGravenese wrote the script and will executive produce the pilot with Goldwyn, who will direct, and Mason. Andrew Sugerman will serve as a co-executive producer. Manson most recently served as executive producer/co-showrunner of the FX drama pilot Outlaw Country. His credits also include New Amsterdam and Thief. Additionally, Manson created/exec produced the TNT series Saved. The untitled LaGravenese/Goldwyn project is one of two drama pilots AMC picked up last month, along with Low Winter Sun.
David Manson Joins AMC's Richard LaGravenese Drama Pilot As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- AT&T Plans More DirecTV-Wireless Phone Bundles To Fight Churn
- Playground Options David Enrich’s Financial Exposé ‘The Spider Network’ For Series Development
- Fox Network Buys Erica Oyama Family Comedy From Kapital Entertainment
- Faith Hill & Scripps Partner On Lifestyle Talk Show Set For Fall Debut; Kellie Pickler Co-Hosts
- After 1-Day Strike, IATSE Wins Contract With NBC’s ‘Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge’
- NBC’s Robert Greenblatt On The Importance Of Leaving A Digital Footprint – NAB Show