EXCLUSIVE: David Manson has come on board AMC’s LaGravenese & Goldwyn pilot (aka Philly Lawyer) as executive producer/showrunner. The untitled project is a legal thriller centered on a District Attorney who uncovers new evidence that prompts the reinvestigation of a sensational murder case. It explores personal morality and how people struggle with the shades of grey found in the absence of a simple, ordered moral universe. Feature scribe LaGravenese wrote the script and will executive produce the pilot with Goldwyn, who will direct, and Mason. Andrew Sugerman will serve as a co-executive producer. Manson most recently served as executive producer/co-showrunner of the FX drama pilot Outlaw Country. His credits also include New Amsterdam and Thief. Additionally, Manson created/exec produced the TNT series Saved. The untitled LaGravenese/Goldwyn project is one of two drama pilots AMC picked up last month, along with Low Winter Sun.
David Manson Joins AMC's Richard LaGravenese Drama Pilot As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment Making English-Language Version Of Scandi Teen Hit ‘Shame’
- Jimmy Kimmel’s ‘Big Fan’ Game Show Sets Debut Date With Matthew McConaughey
- ‘Timeless’: Annie Wersching Set To Recur On NBC Time Travel Drama Series
- Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Docu Series Set For HBO: ‘Defiant Ones’ Bows Next Year
- Mark Jackson Joins Seth MacFarlane's Fox Series 'Orville'
- President Obama To Make Final ‘The Daily Show’ Appearance As President Next Week