EXCLUSIVE: David Manson has come on board AMC’s LaGravenese & Goldwyn pilot (aka Philly Lawyer) as executive producer/showrunner. The untitled project is a legal thriller centered on a District Attorney who uncovers new evidence that prompts the reinvestigation of a sensational murder case. It explores personal morality and how people struggle with the shades of grey found in the absence of a simple, ordered moral universe. Feature scribe LaGravenese wrote the script and will executive produce the pilot with Goldwyn, who will direct, and Mason. Andrew Sugerman will serve as a co-executive producer. Manson most recently served as executive producer/co-showrunner of the FX drama pilot Outlaw Country. His credits also include New Amsterdam and Thief. Additionally, Manson created/exec produced the TNT series Saved. The untitled LaGravenese/Goldwyn project is one of two drama pilots AMC picked up last month, along with Low Winter Sun.
David Manson Joins AMC's Richard LaGravenese Drama Pilot As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
Latest TV News
- Major London Film & TV Studio Moves Ahead After $140m Deal With Pacifica Ventures
- ‘The Terror’: AMC To Launch Entire First Season For Premiere Customers
- Rex Tillerson’s “Very Mean-Spirited Town” Exit Speech Goes Over Big In D.C.
- Weinstein Co. TV Exec Megan Spanjian Moves To UTA
- AT&T And Government Trade Opening Salvos As Antitrust Showdown Begins
- CNN’s Jeff Zucker Says Fox News Is State-Run Propaganda: “TASS Has Nothing On Them”