EXCLUSIVE: As one of the country’s top touring standup comedians, Dane Cook has extensive experience onstage. But he is now going for a different type of onstage experience — in his theater debut, the actor-comedian has joined the Hollywood Bowl’s upcoming production of The Producers. He will play Franz Liebkind in the staging of Mel Brooks’ musical, which will hold three performances at the Hollywood Bowl — on July 27-29. Cook joins previously announced cast members Richard Kind as Max Bialystock, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Leo Bloom, Roger Bart as Carmen Ghia, Gary Beach as Roger De Bris, and Rebecca Romijn as Ulla. Susan Stroman, winner of the Tony for both direction and choreography for the original Broadway stage musical, will direct and choreograph Hollywood Bowl’s fully staged production. Cook, repped by UTA, next toplines the upcoming NBC comedy series Next Caller.
Dane Cook To Make His Stage Debut In 'The Producers' At The Hollywood Bowl
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'