EXCLUSIVE: As one of the country’s top touring standup comedians, Dane Cook has extensive experience onstage. But he is now going for a different type of onstage experience — in his theater debut, the actor-comedian has joined the Hollywood Bowl’s upcoming production of The Producers. He will play Franz Liebkind in the staging of Mel Brooks’ musical, which will hold three performances at the Hollywood Bowl — on July 27-29. Cook joins previously announced cast members Richard Kind as Max Bialystock, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Leo Bloom, Roger Bart as Carmen Ghia, Gary Beach as Roger De Bris, and Rebecca Romijn as Ulla. Susan Stroman, winner of the Tony for both direction and choreography for the original Broadway stage musical, will direct and choreograph Hollywood Bowl’s fully staged production. Cook, repped by UTA, next toplines the upcoming NBC comedy series Next Caller.
Dane Cook To Make His Stage Debut In 'The Producers' At The Hollywood Bowl
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report