EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Reid is staying put. I’ve learned that original Criminal Minds cast member Matthew Gray Gubler has signed a new two-year deal to remain on the CBS crime procedural. I hear his salary has been bumped to just north of $100,000 per episode. Along with co-star Paget Brewster, who opted to leave the ABC Studios/CBS Studios-produced series in May, Gubler was the only core cast member whose contract was up at the end of this past season. Coincidentally, Gubler directed Brewster’s original exit episode last spring before the actress returned to the series for one more season. It was one of three Criminal Minds episodes Gubler has helmed. On the series, which returns for an eighth season this fall, Gubler plays Behavioral Analysis Unit member Dr. Spencer Reid, a prodigy with an IQ of 187 and an eidetic memory who graduated high school at age 12 and holds multiple Ph.D. and B.A. degrees. Besides Brewster, all Criminal Minds stars, led by Thomas Gibson and Joe Mantegna, are new returning, joined by Jeanne Tripplehorn, who was recently cast as a new regular.
'Criminal Minds' Matthew Gray Gubler Signs New Deal To Continue On CBS Crime Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- Henrik Bastin Re-Ups As CEO At Fabrik Entertainment
- Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred “You Wouldn't Be In The…
- ‘Bates Motel’ Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
- Aasif Mandvi Getting ‘Younger’; Robert Craighead Joins ‘Future Man’
- MTV Movie & TV Awards On Collision Course With Potential Writers Strike
- Bill O’Reilly “Set A High Bar,” Tucker Carlson Says In Debut In ‘O’Reilly Factor’ Slot