EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Reid is staying put. I’ve learned that original Criminal Minds cast member Matthew Gray Gubler has signed a new two-year deal to remain on the CBS crime procedural. I hear his salary has been bumped to just north of $100,000 per episode. Along with co-star Paget Brewster, who opted to leave the ABC Studios/CBS Studios-produced series in May, Gubler was the only core cast member whose contract was up at the end of this past season. Coincidentally, Gubler directed Brewster’s original exit episode last spring before the actress returned to the series for one more season. It was one of three Criminal Minds episodes Gubler has helmed. On the series, which returns for an eighth season this fall, Gubler plays Behavioral Analysis Unit member Dr. Spencer Reid, a prodigy with an IQ of 187 and an eidetic memory who graduated high school at age 12 and holds multiple Ph.D. and B.A. degrees. Besides Brewster, all Criminal Minds stars, led by Thomas Gibson and Joe Mantegna, are new returning, joined by Jeanne Tripplehorn, who was recently cast as a new regular.
'Criminal Minds' Matthew Gray Gubler Signs New Deal To Continue On CBS Crime Drama
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'