EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Reid is staying put. I’ve learned that original Criminal Minds cast member Matthew Gray Gubler has signed a new two-year deal to remain on the CBS crime procedural. I hear his salary has been bumped to just north of $100,000 per episode. Along with co-star Paget Brewster, who opted to leave the ABC Studios/CBS Studios-produced series in May, Gubler was the only core cast member whose contract was up at the end of this past season. Coincidentally, Gubler directed Brewster’s original exit episode last spring before the actress returned to the series for one more season. It was one of three Criminal Minds episodes Gubler has helmed. On the series, which returns for an eighth season this fall, Gubler plays Behavioral Analysis Unit member Dr. Spencer Reid, a prodigy with an IQ of 187 and an eidetic memory who graduated high school at age 12 and holds multiple Ph.D. and B.A. degrees. Besides Brewster, all Criminal Minds stars, led by Thomas Gibson and Joe Mantegna, are new returning, joined by Jeanne Tripplehorn, who was recently cast as a new regular.
'Criminal Minds' Matthew Gray Gubler Signs New Deal To Continue On CBS Crime Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel