EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Reid is staying put. I’ve learned that original Criminal Minds cast member Matthew Gray Gubler has signed a new two-year deal to remain on the CBS crime procedural. I hear his salary has been bumped to just north of $100,000 per episode. Along with co-star Paget Brewster, who opted to leave the ABC Studios/CBS Studios-produced series in May, Gubler was the only core cast member whose contract was up at the end of this past season. Coincidentally, Gubler directed Brewster’s original exit episode last spring before the actress returned to the series for one more season. It was one of three Criminal Minds episodes Gubler has helmed. On the series, which returns for an eighth season this fall, Gubler plays Behavioral Analysis Unit member Dr. Spencer Reid, a prodigy with an IQ of 187 and an eidetic memory who graduated high school at age 12 and holds multiple Ph.D. and B.A. degrees. Besides Brewster, all Criminal Minds stars, led by Thomas Gibson and Joe Mantegna, are new returning, joined by Jeanne Tripplehorn, who was recently cast as a new regular.
'Criminal Minds' Matthew Gray Gubler Signs New Deal To Continue On CBS Crime Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur' Animated Series Produced By Laurence Fishburne In Works At Disney Channels
Latest TV News
- Gunpowder Sales; James Corden UK Deal; Fremantle/BBCW Benelux; All3M Australia – Global Briefs
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale