EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Reid is staying put. I’ve learned that original Criminal Minds cast member Matthew Gray Gubler has signed a new two-year deal to remain on the CBS crime procedural. I hear his salary has been bumped to just north of $100,000 per episode. Along with co-star Paget Brewster, who opted to leave the ABC Studios/CBS Studios-produced series in May, Gubler was the only core cast member whose contract was up at the end of this past season. Coincidentally, Gubler directed Brewster’s original exit episode last spring before the actress returned to the series for one more season. It was one of three Criminal Minds episodes Gubler has helmed. On the series, which returns for an eighth season this fall, Gubler plays Behavioral Analysis Unit member Dr. Spencer Reid, a prodigy with an IQ of 187 and an eidetic memory who graduated high school at age 12 and holds multiple Ph.D. and B.A. degrees. Besides Brewster, all Criminal Minds stars, led by Thomas Gibson and Joe Mantegna, are new returning, joined by Jeanne Tripplehorn, who was recently cast as a new regular.
'Criminal Minds' Matthew Gray Gubler Signs New Deal To Continue On CBS Crime Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest TV News
- Doug Jones Victory Lap: “This Campaign Has Been About Common Courtesy And Decency”
- Roy Moore Will Not Concede In Alabama Senate Race After Doug Jones Win
- Donald Trump Tweets Grudging Congrats To Doug Jones: “A Win Is A Win”
- Doug Jones Alabama Senate Victory Wildly Celebrated On Social Media
- Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations: How To Watch Via TV, Online
- Alabama Votes Dem Doug Jones To U.S. Senate In Stunning Upset