Comcast predicts advertising within video-on-demand programming to increase tenfold within the next 12 months, according to Multichannel News. Chip Meehan, Comcast Spotlight’s West regional vice president of integrated media sales said “We have 400 million monthly VOD views on Comcast. I’d love to have a dollar for every view.” Meehan was addressing a panel at the Multichannel News/B&C 4th annual On Demand Summit yesterday in New York City. Meehan predicted a big upswing in VOD advertising revenue as the cable giant completes licensing agreements with programming providers. Referring to Comcast’s sweeping deal with The Walt Disney Co. struck earlier this year, he added “If Comcast and Disney can figure it out you can assume we’ll figure it out with others.” Some 320 million VOD views on Comcast are free TV content. Meehan suggested that if half those were from cable programmers, “that’s 160 million impressions per month. That times 40 bucks starts to be a pretty big business.”
Comcast Sees Huge VOD Ad Growth: Report
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'Game Of Thrones' Maestro George R.R. Martin Gets In Business With Warner Bros. Animation: Studio To Adapt Author's 'The Ice Dragon'
Latest TV News
- Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over ‘Arrested Development’ Interview Comments: “I Was Wrong Here”…
- ‘The Chew’ Hosts React To Cancellation Of Daytime Talk Show
- Jimmy Kimmel On Donald Trump’s Spygate: Who You Gonna Trust, FBI Or Pumpkin McPornHumper?
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Openly Interfering In Criminal Investigation With “Spygate” Conspiracy Theory
- Stephen Colbert Takes Viewers Down Donald Trump’s FBI Conspiracy Theory Rabbit Hole
- ‘Empire’s New Showrunner On Tonight’s Finale [Spoiler] Death & Season 5 “Reset”