Comcast’s CFO is slamming a New York Times report that the company is weighing a possible purchase of BSkyB. “This is complete rubbish”, Michael Angelakis, Comcast’s vice chairman and chief financial officer, told the Times today. “It is total speculation and inaccurate”. That came in response to the NYT’s report today based on sources that Comcast was exploring whether BSkyB could become available for purchase. Angelakis denied the company had any interest in acquiring BSkyB. The Times reported Comcast’s thinking about a possible deal was in the preliminary stages and it had not made a formal offer or even approached BSkyB or News Corp, which owns 39% of Britain’s largest satellite broadcaster. The move would be surprising considering Comcast is still digesting NBCUniversal; that merger received federal approval in January 2011. News Corp’s own $12B bid to buy the portion of BSkyB it did not already own was scrapped last summer in the face of the UK phone-hacking scandal.
Comcast CFO: Report That Comcast Pondering BSkyB Buy Is “Rubbish”
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’
- NBA All-Star Game Scores In Ratings For TNT & TBS
- Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed