Coinstar CEO Paul Davis — whose company owns the Redbox DVD rental kiosks — appeared on CNBC today to discuss a venture that’s almost as important to folks in the media business: coffee. Coinstar shares were up 6% after Coinstar said that by year end it will roll out 500 kiosks under the brand name Rubi that will offer Starbucks-owned Seattle’s Best Coffee. They’ll charge as little as $1 for specialty drinks including mochas and vanilla lattes. Davis also briefly discussed Redbox’s expansion plans, including the streaming venture with Verizon.
Coinstar Chief Says Coffee And Redbox Blend In Automated Retail Strategy: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content