Coinstar CEO Paul Davis — whose company owns the Redbox DVD rental kiosks — appeared on CNBC today to discuss a venture that’s almost as important to folks in the media business: coffee. Coinstar shares were up 6% after Coinstar said that by year end it will roll out 500 kiosks under the brand name Rubi that will offer Starbucks-owned Seattle’s Best Coffee. They’ll charge as little as $1 for specialty drinks including mochas and vanilla lattes. Davis also briefly discussed Redbox’s expansion plans, including the streaming venture with Verizon.
Coinstar Chief Says Coffee And Redbox Blend In Automated Retail Strategy: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Stalls With $65M Overseas Bow; What Clipped The Falcon's Wings? - International Box Office
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Princess Letitia Wright Is Ready To Rule If Required
- Annabella Sciorra Tweets She Has “No Relief” From Harvey Weinstein Arrest
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Stalls With $65M Overseas Bow; What Clipped The Falcon’s Wings? – International…
- 'The Gospel According To André' Tops Slow Holiday Weekend; 'Pope Francis' Crosses $1M: Specialty Box Office
- Kate Bosworth, Michael Polish Launch Montana Art School; Night Fox To Produce Horror Pic ‘Streetwalkers’…
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?