Coinstar CEO Paul Davis — whose company owns the Redbox DVD rental kiosks — appeared on CNBC today to discuss a venture that’s almost as important to folks in the media business: coffee. Coinstar shares were up 6% after Coinstar said that by year end it will roll out 500 kiosks under the brand name Rubi that will offer Starbucks-owned Seattle’s Best Coffee. They’ll charge as little as $1 for specialty drinks including mochas and vanilla lattes. Davis also briefly discussed Redbox’s expansion plans, including the streaming venture with Verizon.
Coinstar Chief Says Coffee And Redbox Blend In Automated Retail Strategy: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Paramount Cancels 'Team America' Showings, Theaters Say
- Movie Theater Stocks Rebound After Chains Jettison 'The Interview'
- Lionsgate Sought Deal Talks With Sony Hacked Emails Reveal
- 'The Interview' NYC Premiere Canceled
- Barry Meyer Named To Federal Reserve Bank's Board In San Francisco
- Theater Owners Showing 'The Interview' Put Themselves At Potential Legal Risk