Coinstar CEO Paul Davis — whose company owns the Redbox DVD rental kiosks — appeared on CNBC today to discuss a venture that’s almost as important to folks in the media business: coffee. Coinstar shares were up 6% after Coinstar said that by year end it will roll out 500 kiosks under the brand name Rubi that will offer Starbucks-owned Seattle’s Best Coffee. They’ll charge as little as $1 for specialty drinks including mochas and vanilla lattes. Davis also briefly discussed Redbox’s expansion plans, including the streaming venture with Verizon.
Coinstar Chief Says Coffee And Redbox Blend In Automated Retail Strategy: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame
- ‘Moonlight’ Wins Best Picture Oscar … In A Do-Over – Deadline’s Live Blog
- And The Winner For Grandest Oscar Party Invite…
- Oscars Scorecard: Wins By Film & Studio
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight