Cloris Leachman has jumped in the ring on Raging Bull II. The Emmy winning actress will play the mother of Penelope Ann Miller in the film. Raging Bull II is combo prequel and sequel to Martin Scorsese 1980 film about boxer Jake LaMotta. Scorsese and the original Bull star Robert De Niro are not involved with Raging Bull II which is written and directed by Martin Guigui. The Sunset Pictures film, based like the 1980 movie on LaMotta’s 1970 memoir, stars William Forsythe as the aged LaMotta and Mojean Aria as the younger version. The film also stars Miller, Joe Montegna, Paul Sorvino and Natasha Henstridge. Raging Bull II is currently shooting in LA. The Raising Hope star and Dancing With The Stars contestant has three other movies coming out over the next year. There’s The Oogieloves and the Big Balloon Adventure, which is set to come out on August 29, 2012. There’s also the crime comedy Gambit with Cameron Diaz and Colin Firth, which is scheduled for release on October 11. Leachman also has another comedy Adult World with John Cusack and Emma Roberts, which is out next spring. Leachman is repped by Innovative Artists and managed by Juliet Green
Cloris Leachman Joins 'Raging Bull II'
What's Hot on Deadline
James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
Latest Film News
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter
- Sinqua Walls Cast In ‘Otherhood’; Madelyn Cline Boards ‘Once Upon A Time In Staten Island’