Cloris Leachman has jumped in the ring on Raging Bull II. The Emmy winning actress will play the mother of Penelope Ann Miller in the film. Raging Bull II is combo prequel and sequel to Martin Scorsese 1980 film about boxer Jake LaMotta. Scorsese and the original Bull star Robert De Niro are not involved with Raging Bull II which is written and directed by Martin Guigui. The Sunset Pictures film, based like the 1980 movie on LaMotta’s 1970 memoir, stars William Forsythe as the aged LaMotta and Mojean Aria as the younger version. The film also stars Miller, Joe Montegna, Paul Sorvino and Natasha Henstridge. Raging Bull II is currently shooting in LA. The Raising Hope star and Dancing With The Stars contestant has three other movies coming out over the next year. There’s The Oogieloves and the Big Balloon Adventure, which is set to come out on August 29, 2012. There’s also the crime comedy Gambit with Cameron Diaz and Colin Firth, which is scheduled for release on October 11. Leachman also has another comedy Adult World with John Cusack and Emma Roberts, which is out next spring. Leachman is repped by Innovative Artists and managed by Juliet Green
Cloris Leachman Joins 'Raging Bull II'
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest Film News
- Pat DiNizio Dies: Smithereens Songwriter-Guitarist And Soundtrack Artist Was 62
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Review: About As Much Fun As You Could Have At The Movies
- ‘Call Me By Your Name’ Team On Creating Intimacy On Screen For Story Of First Love – The Contenders Video
- Jennifer Lawrence To Star In ‘Burial Rites’ With ‘Call Me By Your Name’ Helmer Luca…
- LAPD Opens New Roman Polanski Probe About Alleged 1975 Assault Of 10-Year-Old
- Richard Linklater On Why It Took 10 Years To Get His ‘Last Flag Flying’ To The Screen – The…