The newly greenlighted Chef Race: UK Vs. U.S. follows 16 chefs — eight British and eight Americans — who race from Los Angeles to New York for a $100,000 prize. The contestants have no money and minimal resources, so they must use their resourcefulness, ingenuity, leadership and finesse along with their cooking skills to win. MasterChef‘s Richard Corrigan will serve as mentor and judge and Food Network’s Claire Robinson will host. The unscripted series is being produced by UK chef Jamie Oliver (ABC’s Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution) and his Fresh One Prods and is set to premiere in the fall. Oliver is executive producing with The Amazing Race‘s Amy Chacon, Undercover Boss‘ Stef Wagstaffe, Roy Ackerman, Sebastian Grant and Jo Ralling.
Jamie Oliver To Produce New BBC America Series 'Chef Race: UK Vs. U.S.'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…