Charlie Sheen announced today that he’s returning to the big screen. The Wall Street star has joined the cast of Robert Rodriguez’s Machete Kills as the President of the United States. While it’s not a big role in the sequel to 2010’s Machete, both Sheen and the director announced the casting on their respective Twitter pages. “I just cast Charlie Sheen in #machetekills as the President of the United States! Who better? More soon..” Rodriguez tweeted this afternoon and posted a photo of himself and Sheen. “My fellow Americans,” said Sheen in presidential mode as he retweeted Rodriguez’s post. Fellow Hollywood hellraiser Mel Gibson had also been cast in Machete Kills. In the sequel, Machete, played again by Danny Trejo, is drafted by the U.S. government to track an arms dealer through Mexico before he launches a weapon from space. While he has mainly stuck to TV with Spin City, Two and a Half Men and the upcoming Anger Management in recent years, Sheen has made a a series of cameos in movies like Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, where he briefly appeared uncredited as his Bud Fox character from the 1987 original. Sheen also appeared, as Men‘s Charlie Harper in 2011’s Due Date. Sheen’s new Anger Management series premieres on FX on June 28. Machete Kills is expected to be released in 2013.
Charlie Sheen Cast As U.S. President in Robert Rodriguez’s 'Machete Kills'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Emmy Winner Kyle Chandler Joins New Line’s ‘Game Night’
- Mike Epps Reteams With Bruce Willis As ‘Acts Of Violence’ Sets Cast
- Graphic Novel ‘The Pro’ Hooks Movie Deal At Paramount
- No. 15 ‘Hidden Figures’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Issa Rae Joins Bill Hader In ‘Empress Of Serenity’
- Joe & Anthony Russo Set Next Pic By ‘Swiss Army Man’ Daniels Duo