Charlie Sheen announced today that he’s returning to the big screen. The Wall Street star has joined the cast of Robert Rodriguez’s Machete Kills as the President of the United States. While it’s not a big role in the sequel to 2010’s Machete, both Sheen and the director announced the casting on their respective Twitter pages. “I just cast Charlie Sheen in #machetekills as the President of the United States! Who better? More soon..” Rodriguez tweeted this afternoon and posted a photo of himself and Sheen. “My fellow Americans,” said Sheen in presidential mode as he retweeted Rodriguez’s post. Fellow Hollywood hellraiser Mel Gibson had also been cast in Machete Kills. In the sequel, Machete, played again by Danny Trejo, is drafted by the U.S. government to track an arms dealer through Mexico before he launches a weapon from space. While he has mainly stuck to TV with Spin City, Two and a Half Men and the upcoming Anger Management in recent years, Sheen has made a a series of cameos in movies like Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, where he briefly appeared uncredited as his Bud Fox character from the 1987 original. Sheen also appeared, as Men‘s Charlie Harper in 2011’s Due Date. Sheen’s new Anger Management series premieres on FX on June 28. Machete Kills is expected to be released in 2013.
Charlie Sheen Cast As U.S. President in Robert Rodriguez’s 'Machete Kills'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Manchester Attack Updates: Netflix Cancels London Screenings; Kiss & WWE Cancel Manchester Arena Gigs
- A24 Buys Sean Baker’s ‘The Florida Project’: Cannes
- ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Says Ahoy To $34.5M In Offshore Start – International…
- ‘Pirates’ Previews Pull In $5.5M, ‘Baywatch’ Catches Estimated $4.5M Surf — Box Office…
- Isabelle Huppert & Michael Haneke On Their ‘Happy End’ – Cannes Studio
- Deadheads High On 'Long Strange Trip'; Teresa Palmer Stars in 'Berlin Syndrome' – Specialty Box Office Preview