Charlie Sheen announced today that he’s returning to the big screen. The Wall Street star has joined the cast of Robert Rodriguez’s Machete Kills as the President of the United States. While it’s not a big role in the sequel to 2010’s Machete, both Sheen and the director announced the casting on their respective Twitter pages. “I just cast Charlie Sheen in #machetekills as the President of the United States! Who better? More soon..” Rodriguez tweeted this afternoon and posted a photo of himself and Sheen. “My fellow Americans,” said Sheen in presidential mode as he retweeted Rodriguez’s post. Fellow Hollywood hellraiser Mel Gibson had also been cast in Machete Kills. In the sequel, Machete, played again by Danny Trejo, is drafted by the U.S. government to track an arms dealer through Mexico before he launches a weapon from space. While he has mainly stuck to TV with Spin City, Two and a Half Men and the upcoming Anger Management in recent years, Sheen has made a a series of cameos in movies like Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps, where he briefly appeared uncredited as his Bud Fox character from the 1987 original. Sheen also appeared, as Men‘s Charlie Harper in 2011’s Due Date. Sheen’s new Anger Management series premieres on FX on June 28. Machete Kills is expected to be released in 2013.
Charlie Sheen Cast As U.S. President in Robert Rodriguez’s 'Machete Kills'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'L.A. Confidential': Walton Goggins To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot; Anna Fricke Joins As Co-Showrunner
Latest Film News
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations
- ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film’s Record-Breaking Weekend
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi’…
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney