CBS is getting its day in court to get a temporary restraining order that would stop the June 18 premiere of ABC’s Glass House. Judge Gary Feess today set a hearing for first thing Friday morning for the networks’ lawyers to plead their case before him. The judge could make a ruling at the time to stop production on the ABC show and prevent the premiere from airing. This comes one day after CBS responded to ABC’s opposition on Monday to the TRO request that CBS filed last week. The two networks have engaged in a series of legal shots since CBS sued ABC over Glass House on May 10. CBS says Glass House is a blatant rip-off of its Big Brother, a claim ABC rejects. The announcement of the TRO hearing comes the same day CBS asked ABC to turn over hundreds of pages of documents, emails and even tweets on Glass House as part of the ongoing discovery process (read that request here). CBS is represented by Scott Edelman, Michael Seitz, Theane Evangelis Kapur and Blaine Evanson of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher. ABC is represented by Glenn Pomerantz, Jonathan Altman and Carolyn Hoecker Luedtke of Munger, Tolles & Olson.
CBS Restraining Order Request Against ABC’s 'Glass House' Gets Friday Court Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest TV News
- Actress Accuses ‘Girls’ EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him…
- Netflix Orders Comedy Series Starring Rev Run From Amblin TV & ABC Signature
- ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Review: Gotta Watch Spike Lee’s TV Version Of 1986 Movie
- CBS Gives ‘S.W.A.T’ Full-Season Order, Picks Up 3 More Episodes Of ‘9JKL’, No Decision Yet On ‘Wisdom Of the Crowd…
- ‘Dietland’ Casts Ricardo Davila As Regular; Dale Whibley Joins ‘Ice’
- Liza Koshy To Star In New YouTube Red Comedy Series ‘Liza On Demand’