The Words is coming out from CBS Films on September 7, up two weeks from its original September 21 slot. The literary plagiarism drama stars Bradley Cooper, Olivia Wilde, Dennis Quaid, Zoe Saldana and Jeremy Irons. Cooper plays a struggling writer who passes off an old work as his own in the multi-plotted film. Brian Klugman and Lee Sternthal co-direct from a script they wrote together. The Words is produced by Michael Benaroya, Jim Young, and Tatiana Kelly, with Laura Rister and Cassian Elwes exec producing under their Waterfall Media Banner along with with Cooper and Lisa Wilson. CBS Films picked up The Words at Sundance this year.
CBS Films Shifts 'The Words' Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks