The Words is coming out from CBS Films on September 7, up two weeks from its original September 21 slot. The literary plagiarism drama stars Bradley Cooper, Olivia Wilde, Dennis Quaid, Zoe Saldana and Jeremy Irons. Cooper plays a struggling writer who passes off an old work as his own in the multi-plotted film. Brian Klugman and Lee Sternthal co-direct from a script they wrote together. The Words is produced by Michael Benaroya, Jim Young, and Tatiana Kelly, with Laura Rister and Cassian Elwes exec producing under their Waterfall Media Banner along with with Cooper and Lisa Wilson. CBS Films picked up The Words at Sundance this year.
CBS Films Shifts 'The Words' Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More