The Words is coming out from CBS Films on September 7, up two weeks from its original September 21 slot. The literary plagiarism drama stars Bradley Cooper, Olivia Wilde, Dennis Quaid, Zoe Saldana and Jeremy Irons. Cooper plays a struggling writer who passes off an old work as his own in the multi-plotted film. Brian Klugman and Lee Sternthal co-direct from a script they wrote together. The Words is produced by Michael Benaroya, Jim Young, and Tatiana Kelly, with Laura Rister and Cassian Elwes exec producing under their Waterfall Media Banner along with with Cooper and Lisa Wilson. CBS Films picked up The Words at Sundance this year.
CBS Films Shifts 'The Words' Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars’ Boba Fett Spinoff Said To Be Back On Track With James Mangold
- Actors’ Equity Re-Elects Kate Shindle As President
- Oscar Nominated Producer Jennifer Fox Nabs Film Rights To ‘Earthsea’ Book Series
- Starz Launches On Amazon Prime In The UK And Germany, Coming Soon To YouTube TV In U.S.
- Lionsgate Beats Wall Street’s Q4 Estimates On OTT Revenue, TV Profit Uptick
- Elle Fanning Is 'Mary Shelley'; Fashion's André Talley Lands Doc – Specialty B.O. Preview