EXCLUSIVE: Catherine Keener has joined the cast of Can A Song Save Your Life? She joins Mark Ruffalo, hot off his stint as the Hulk in Marvel’s The Avengers, and Keira Knightley in the film. Keener will play the estranged wife of Ruffalo’s down-on-his-luck music producer character. The romantic drama is directed and written by John Carney. Judd Apatow is executive producing along with Sam Hoffman, Anthony Bregman and Tobin Armbrust. Can A Song Save Your Life? is scheduled to start shooting soon in New York City. Hailee Steinfield and The Voice’s Adam Levine also star. Keener recently completed work on Paul Greengrass’ Captain Phillips with Tom Hanks, which was written by The Hunger Games scribe Billy Ray and is scheduled to come out March 22, 2013. Keener is repped by Gersh.
Catherine Keener Joins 'Can A Song Save Your Life?'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Extant' & 'Motive' Finale Up, 'SYTYCD' Surges, 'America's Got Talent' Steady
- Disney Faces More Heat As Autistic Kids Lawsuit Looks To Expand
- Warner Bros. Slams “Unauthorized” 'Gilligan's Island' Copyright Lawsuit
- FX's 'Tyrant' Down In Freshman Finale
- Gov. Brown Trims Expansion Of California Film & TV Tax Credit In Deal With State Pols
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'America's Got Talent' Steady, 'Bachelor In Paradise' Even, CW's Maroon 5 Special Soft