EXCLUSIVE: Catherine Keener has joined the cast of Can A Song Save Your Life? She joins Mark Ruffalo, hot off his stint as the Hulk in Marvel’s The Avengers, and Keira Knightley in the film. Keener will play the estranged wife of Ruffalo’s down-on-his-luck music producer character. The romantic drama is directed and written by John Carney. Judd Apatow is executive producing along with Sam Hoffman, Anthony Bregman and Tobin Armbrust. Can A Song Save Your Life? is scheduled to start shooting soon in New York City. Hailee Steinfield and The Voice’s Adam Levine also star. Keener recently completed work on Paul Greengrass’ Captain Phillips with Tom Hanks, which was written by The Hunger Games scribe Billy Ray and is scheduled to come out March 22, 2013. Keener is repped by Gersh.
Catherine Keener Joins 'Can A Song Save Your Life?'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Latest Film News
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- ‘All The Money In The World’ Posters: Severed Ear, No Spacey
- Paramount Pictures Taps Writer Barbara Curry For Dating App Killer Feature ‘Gasp’
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Joins Voice Cast Of Open Road’s ‘Playmobil’