EXCLUSIVE: Catherine Keener has joined the cast of Can A Song Save Your Life? She joins Mark Ruffalo, hot off his stint as the Hulk in Marvel’s The Avengers, and Keira Knightley in the film. Keener will play the estranged wife of Ruffalo’s down-on-his-luck music producer character. The romantic drama is directed and written by John Carney. Judd Apatow is executive producing along with Sam Hoffman, Anthony Bregman and Tobin Armbrust. Can A Song Save Your Life? is scheduled to start shooting soon in New York City. Hailee Steinfield and The Voice’s Adam Levine also star. Keener recently completed work on Paul Greengrass’ Captain Phillips with Tom Hanks, which was written by The Hunger Games scribe Billy Ray and is scheduled to come out March 22, 2013. Keener is repped by Gersh.
Catherine Keener Joins 'Can A Song Save Your Life?'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Moana' Close To 'Frozen'; Awards Raise 'Manchester's Tide; 'Jackie' Still Regal - Saturday AM Update
Latest Film News
- L.A.-Based Music Label In Oakland Fire Chronicled In 2013 Documentary ‘Silk’
- Alice Drummond Dies; Veteran Character Actress Was 88
- Pharrell Williams On His ‘Hidden Figures’ Contribution: “It Made Sense For Everything We Stand For”
- Haim Saban Slams DNC Chair Hopeful Keith Ellison: “Anti-Semitic And Anti-Israel”
- Johnny Depp, Sam Raimi & Others Contribute To Film By 16-Year Old Cancer Patient
- ‘Jackie’ Review: Natalie Portman Astonishes With A Side Of Jackie Kennedy Never Before Seen