EXCLUSIVE: Catherine Keener has joined the cast of Can A Song Save Your Life? She joins Mark Ruffalo, hot off his stint as the Hulk in Marvel’s The Avengers, and Keira Knightley in the film. Keener will play the estranged wife of Ruffalo’s down-on-his-luck music producer character. The romantic drama is directed and written by John Carney. Judd Apatow is executive producing along with Sam Hoffman, Anthony Bregman and Tobin Armbrust. Can A Song Save Your Life? is scheduled to start shooting soon in New York City. Hailee Steinfield and The Voice’s Adam Levine also star. Keener recently completed work on Paul Greengrass’ Captain Phillips with Tom Hanks, which was written by The Hunger Games scribe Billy Ray and is scheduled to come out March 22, 2013. Keener is repped by Gersh.
Catherine Keener Joins 'Can A Song Save Your Life?'
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
'SNL' Highlights: Stormy Does Update, Robert Mueller Bursts At Seams, Jessica Chastain Hosts Anti-Trump Game Show
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest Film News
- SAG Awards Analysis: ‘Three Billboards’ Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Shakes…
- SAG Awards Backstage: Allison Janney Calls #MeToo Movement “Watershed Moment” For Hollywood
- SAG Awards: ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Wins For Film Ensemble – Complete Winners List
- Ashley Judd Seeks Gender Parity At WME & ‘Berlin Station’ – Sundance Film Festival
- Ethan Hawke Talks Sundance Memories, Directing ‘Blaze’ & Outlaw Country
- ‘Dark Money’ Exclusive Clip: Feature Doc Premieres At Sundance Tomorrow