Caleb Landry Jones has been cast in the lead role in the John Boorman-directed Broken Dream. The project was set to move into production with River Phoenix nearly 20 years ago until River’s untimely death. Boorman has been searching for the right actor to play the role ever since. The story is described as a love story that takes place in a futuristic world. Boorman co-wrote the script with Neil Jordan. Boorman will also produce with Kieran Corrigan of Merlin Films in Ireland. John Hurt is attached to play Jones’ father. Casting for the female lead opposite Jones is underway.
Caleb Landry Jones Set For Lead Role In 'Broken Dream'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Nickelodeon Partners With NFL, MLS & NASCAR For NickSports
- Russell Crowe-Ryan Gosling Pic 'The Nice Guys' Gets Summer 2016 Release Date
- 'The Walking Dead' Unveils Season 5 Key Art
- Toronto Roundup: 'Sunshine Superman', 'Match' & 'The Daughter' Sales Deals, More
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers “Making Small…Positive Steps” As She's Brought Out Of Medically Induced Coma
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'