Disney/Pixar’s Brave will bow at the newly named Dolby Theater in Dolby’s new Atmos sound system after all. The company announced today that the 3D animated film will have its June 18 world premiere screening at the Hollywood & Highland venue formerly known as the Kodak Theatre in the new immersive sound system as well as at 14 other select locations nationwide when the film opens in the U.S. on June 22. There had been questions about whether it all would come together: first that Dolby could have its revamp of the theater done in time for the premiere and then whether the new sound mix could be completed and signed off on by the deadline. Brave is the first feature to utilize the Atmos technology; during a walkthrough of the Dolby Theatre on Monday, execs played an impressive demo of the system using clips from Disney/Pixar’s The Incredibles and Paramount’s Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol.
'Brave' Premiere At Dolby Theatre Gets Sound OK
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’
- Belgium Selects ‘The Ardennes’ For Foreign Language Oscar Race; Korea Taps Spy Film ‘Age Of Shadows’
- Kaitlyn Dever & Hannah Murray Joins Kathryn Bigelow’s Detroit Riots Pic; Indie ‘Walden’ Adds Demián Bichir & T.J…
- Kathryn Bigelow Adds Cast To Mark Boal-Scripted Detroit Movie
- Chris Parnell Enrolls In New Line’s ‘Life Of The Party’; Nicky Whelan Joins ‘Tragedy Girls’
- ‘Finding Steve McQueen’ Helmed By Mark Steven Johnson With Forest Whitaker, Travis Fimmel, Kate Bosworth, Others