Disney/Pixar’s Brave will bow at the newly named Dolby Theater in Dolby’s new Atmos sound system after all. The company announced today that the 3D animated film will have its June 18 world premiere screening at the Hollywood & Highland venue formerly known as the Kodak Theatre in the new immersive sound system as well as at 14 other select locations nationwide when the film opens in the U.S. on June 22. There had been questions about whether it all would come together: first that Dolby could have its revamp of the theater done in time for the premiere and then whether the new sound mix could be completed and signed off on by the deadline. Brave is the first feature to utilize the Atmos technology; during a walkthrough of the Dolby Theatre on Monday, execs played an impressive demo of the system using clips from Disney/Pixar’s The Incredibles and Paramount’s Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol.
'Brave' Premiere At Dolby Theatre Gets Sound OK
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video
- Graham Norton, 'Modern Family' Lead British Comedy Awards; Sony TV Ad Sales Inks With Jewish Life TV
- Scott Pelley Anchors 'CBS Evening News' From Havana - Video
- 'Team America: World Police' Replaces 'The Interview' At Texas Theater
- Michael Roark Joins 'Wild For The Night'; Tina Casciani Cast In 'Bleed For This'
- Hollywood Hits Twitter To Vent Anger About 'The Interview' Being Pulled