Disney/Pixar’s Brave will bow at the newly named Dolby Theater in Dolby’s new Atmos sound system after all. The company announced today that the 3D animated film will have its June 18 world premiere screening at the Hollywood & Highland venue formerly known as the Kodak Theatre in the new immersive sound system as well as at 14 other select locations nationwide when the film opens in the U.S. on June 22. There had been questions about whether it all would come together: first that Dolby could have its revamp of the theater done in time for the premiere and then whether the new sound mix could be completed and signed off on by the deadline. Brave is the first feature to utilize the Atmos technology; during a walkthrough of the Dolby Theatre on Monday, execs played an impressive demo of the system using clips from Disney/Pixar’s The Incredibles and Paramount’s Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol.
'Brave' Premiere At Dolby Theatre Gets Sound OK
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years