Disney/Pixar’s Brave will bow at the newly named Dolby Theater in Dolby’s new Atmos sound system after all. The company announced today that the 3D animated film will have its June 18 world premiere screening at the Hollywood & Highland venue formerly known as the Kodak Theatre in the new immersive sound system as well as at 14 other select locations nationwide when the film opens in the U.S. on June 22. There had been questions about whether it all would come together: first that Dolby could have its revamp of the theater done in time for the premiere and then whether the new sound mix could be completed and signed off on by the deadline. Brave is the first feature to utilize the Atmos technology; during a walkthrough of the Dolby Theatre on Monday, execs played an impressive demo of the system using clips from Disney/Pixar’s The Incredibles and Paramount’s Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol.
'Brave' Premiere At Dolby Theatre Gets Sound OK
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- ‘Excessive Force,’ Carl Franklin To Direct With Ice Cube Starring, Is Latest On CubeVision Slate
- WME Signs Anthony Byrne; ‘In Darkness’ Helmer Set For ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 5
- Allison Janney & Jim Gaffigan To Co-Star In Amazon’s 'Troupe Zero'
- James Comey’s ‘A Higher Loyalty’ Selling Three Times What ‘Fire And Fury’ Did In First Week
- Disney Previews Opening Scene Of 'Incredibles 2 – CinemaCon
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Extended Footage Unveiled: When Han Met Lando – CinemaCon