This trailer for Branded looks more than a little creepy with echoes of David Cronenberg, John Carpenter and even David Fincher. The premise? Mind control and global domination via advertising with subliminal messages that trigger irresistible appetites and urges to consume mass quantities. From Roadside Attractions, the English-language Russian production stars Ed Stoppard, Leelee Sobieski, Jeffrey Tambor, Ingeborga Dapkunaite and Max von Sydow. Written and directed by Jamie Bradshaw and Alexander Doulerain, Branded opens September 7th. You’ll see a lot of those smartphone codes that enable an interactive experience of the movie’s “alternative universe of out-of-control brands, consumer gluttony and insatiable materialism.”
Hot Trailer: 'Branded'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'