This trailer for Branded looks more than a little creepy with echoes of David Cronenberg, John Carpenter and even David Fincher. The premise? Mind control and global domination via advertising with subliminal messages that trigger irresistible appetites and urges to consume mass quantities. From Roadside Attractions, the English-language Russian production stars Ed Stoppard, Leelee Sobieski, Jeffrey Tambor, Ingeborga Dapkunaite and Max von Sydow. Written and directed by Jamie Bradshaw and Alexander Doulerain, Branded opens September 7th. You’ll see a lot of those smartphone codes that enable an interactive experience of the movie’s “alternative universe of out-of-control brands, consumer gluttony and insatiable materialism.”
Hot Trailer: 'Branded'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
Latest Film News
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Paramount Sets Release Dates For ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Action Point’ & ‘A Quiet Place…
- Amber Heard Attached To Star In ‘The Kind Worth Killing’
- No. 9 ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- No. 10 ‘Suicide Squad’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Lionsgate Teams With Roadside For Jake Gyllenhaal Boston Marathon Bombing Drama ‘Stronger’; September Bow Planned