This trailer for Branded looks more than a little creepy with echoes of David Cronenberg, John Carpenter and even David Fincher. The premise? Mind control and global domination via advertising with subliminal messages that trigger irresistible appetites and urges to consume mass quantities. From Roadside Attractions, the English-language Russian production stars Ed Stoppard, Leelee Sobieski, Jeffrey Tambor, Ingeborga Dapkunaite and Max von Sydow. Written and directed by Jamie Bradshaw and Alexander Doulerain, Branded opens September 7th. You’ll see a lot of those smartphone codes that enable an interactive experience of the movie’s “alternative universe of out-of-control brands, consumer gluttony and insatiable materialism.”
Hot Trailer: 'Branded'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'