This trailer for Branded looks more than a little creepy with echoes of David Cronenberg, John Carpenter and even David Fincher. The premise? Mind control and global domination via advertising with subliminal messages that trigger irresistible appetites and urges to consume mass quantities. From Roadside Attractions, the English-language Russian production stars Ed Stoppard, Leelee Sobieski, Jeffrey Tambor, Ingeborga Dapkunaite and Max von Sydow. Written and directed by Jamie Bradshaw and Alexander Doulerain, Branded opens September 7th. You’ll see a lot of those smartphone codes that enable an interactive experience of the movie’s “alternative universe of out-of-control brands, consumer gluttony and insatiable materialism.”
Hot Trailer: 'Branded'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Maze Runner' Over $30M; Liam's Leisurely 'Walk' To $14M; 'Where I Leave You' Stays Put At No. 3
More From Team
- James Franco, Seth Rogen Celebrate Jimmy Fallon's 40th In Their Birthday Suits: VIDEO
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'