The 56th BFI London Film Festival is set to run from October 10-21, organizers announced this morning. Screenings and venues will increase this year, although the fest itself is running four days shorter than usual. Along with its major central locations in Leicester Square and BFI Southbank, the fest is expanding to 4 new regional London cinemas in Hackney, Bloomsbury, Islington and the oh-so-hip Shoreditch. All venues will see a jump in primetime and weekend screenings. BFI Head of Exhibition and Festival Director Clare Stewart, says, “The BFI London Film Festival is one of the jewels in the capital’s cultural crown and we want to ensure that as many people as possible have the opportunity to experience it.” Deadline for short film entries is June 22, features deadline is July 6.
BFI London Film Festival Sets Dates
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'
- UPDATE: UK Jewish Film Fest, London's Tricycle Cinema Reach Entente