BREAKING…. Benjamin Walker has nabbed the co-lead of Legendary Pictures’ The Great Wall, the Ed Zwick period adventure movie that already stars Man Of Steel‘s Henry Cavill. Deadline previously told you that Walker, repped by WME and Inspire, was in the running for the part with True Blood‘s Alexander Skarsgard. Walker next appears as the hero in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The Great Wall, set in 15th century China, is about British warriors who happen upon the hurried construction of the massive wall. As night falls, the warriors realize that the haste in building the wall isn’t just to keep out the Mongols — there is something inhuman and more dangerous. The picture, based on an idea by Legendary CEO Thomas Tull and Max Brooks, is being made through the Hong Kong-based Legendary East.
Benjamin Walker Lands Co-Lead In 'The Great Wall'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Gay Talese’s Controversial ‘Voyeur’ And Joan Didion Docs On Way From Netflix
- ‘Destination Unknown’ Doc About Holocaust Survivors Picked Up By 7th Art Releasing
- Melissa Leo & Bill Pullman Seal Deals For ‘Equalizer’ Sequel
- Thriller ‘Don’t Sleep’, Alex Rocco’s Final Film, Scores Freestyle Digital Media Deal
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Premiere Gets Broadcast; Cornerstone Nabs ‘Apostasy’; Content Takes ‘Bees Make Honey’…
- Maya Rudolph Joins Melissa McCarthy In ‘The Happytime Murders’ At STXFilms