BREAKING…. Benjamin Walker has nabbed the co-lead of Legendary Pictures’ The Great Wall, the Ed Zwick period adventure movie that already stars Man Of Steel‘s Henry Cavill. Deadline previously told you that Walker, repped by WME and Inspire, was in the running for the part with True Blood‘s Alexander Skarsgard. Walker next appears as the hero in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The Great Wall, set in 15th century China, is about British warriors who happen upon the hurried construction of the massive wall. As night falls, the warriors realize that the haste in building the wall isn’t just to keep out the Mongols — there is something inhuman and more dangerous. The picture, based on an idea by Legendary CEO Thomas Tull and Max Brooks, is being made through the Hong Kong-based Legendary East.
Benjamin Walker Lands Co-Lead In 'The Great Wall'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Latest Film News
- IDA Grants $850G To 11 Documentaries; ‘Blue Wall’, ‘Hazing’ Among Picks
- ‘Hangman’ Trailer: Al Pacino Plays Deadly Game With Serial Killer
- Tribeca’s Through Her Lens Selects ‘Suicide By Sunlight’ For Funding
- China Box Office Poised To Hit $8.31B In 2017, Regulator Forecasts
- Lupita Nyong’o Speaks Out On Harvey Weinstein Sexual Harassments In NY Times Op-ed
- Sophie Okonedo, Brian Gleeson & Alistair Petrie Join New ‘Hellboy’ Movie