BREAKING…. Benjamin Walker has nabbed the co-lead of Legendary Pictures’ The Great Wall, the Ed Zwick period adventure movie that already stars Man Of Steel‘s Henry Cavill. Deadline previously told you that Walker, repped by WME and Inspire, was in the running for the part with True Blood‘s Alexander Skarsgard. Walker next appears as the hero in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. The Great Wall, set in 15th century China, is about British warriors who happen upon the hurried construction of the massive wall. As night falls, the warriors realize that the haste in building the wall isn’t just to keep out the Mongols — there is something inhuman and more dangerous. The picture, based on an idea by Legendary CEO Thomas Tull and Max Brooks, is being made through the Hong Kong-based Legendary East.
Benjamin Walker Lands Co-Lead In 'The Great Wall'
What's Hot on Deadline
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M+; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid Teens
Latest Film News
- Documentarian Jeremiah Zagar Tackled Complicated Coming-Of-Age Story With ‘We The Animals’ — Sundance Studio
- How Gus Van Sant’s ‘Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far On Foot’ Evolved From Robin Williams Option – Sundance…
- ‘Night Comes On’s Jordana Spiro Talks Creating “A Story With A Very Strong Female Protagonist” – Sundance…
- ‘Sweet Country’ Director Warwick Thornton Reinvents Himself With Australian Western — Sundance Studio
- ‘An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn’: Watch Deadline's Sundance Series Panel Livestream
- Kailash Satyarthi On ‘Kailash’ Doc & His Global Mission To Rescue Children From Slavery — Sundance Studio