There will be more First Family drama on Shonda Rhimes’ drama Scandal next season. The series starring Kerry Washington as Washington crisis management consultant/fixer Olivia Pope has promoted Bellamy Young to a regular. Young plays First Lady Mellie Grant on the show. She was a recurring guest star on the seven-episode first season and ended up appearing in every episode of the season, which featured Pope’s affair with President Grant (Tony Goldwyn) as a major storyline. Scandal is undergoing changes going into Season 2, with regular Henry Ian Cusick departing as his option was not picked up, and Young and Joshua Malina, who recurred as U.S. Attorney David Rosen, both promoted to regulars. Young, repped by Domain and Framework, recently recurred on Criminal Minds as Thomas Gibson’s love interest.
Bellamy Young To Be Regular On 'Scandal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
Latest TV News
- ‘Bojack Horseman’ Renewed For Season 5 At Netflix
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Finale Ratings Hit 6-Year High, ‘MasterChef’ Down From 2016, ‘Big…
- Jeff Sagansky & Aaron Kaplan Partner On Mumbai-Based Production Company Targeting Indian OTT Market
- ‘Billy On The Street’ Leaving TruTV After Two Years
- ‘South Park’ Tells Tweeter-In-Chief: Just “Put It Down”
- ‘The Great American Baking Show’ Returning To ABC With Ayesha Curry & Anthony Adams As Hosts