There will be more First Family drama on Shonda Rhimes’ drama Scandal next season. The series starring Kerry Washington as Washington crisis management consultant/fixer Olivia Pope has promoted Bellamy Young to a regular. Young plays First Lady Mellie Grant on the show. She was a recurring guest star on the seven-episode first season and ended up appearing in every episode of the season, which featured Pope’s affair with President Grant (Tony Goldwyn) as a major storyline. Scandal is undergoing changes going into Season 2, with regular Henry Ian Cusick departing as his option was not picked up, and Young and Joshua Malina, who recurred as U.S. Attorney David Rosen, both promoted to regulars. Young, repped by Domain and Framework, recently recurred on Criminal Minds as Thomas Gibson’s love interest.
Bellamy Young To Be Regular On 'Scandal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Chelsea Handler’s Netflix Talk Show To End After 2 Seasons, Comedian Sets Documentary
- NBC’s ‘This Is Us’ Towers Over Tuesday In Demo; ‘NCIS’ Takes Total Viewers For CBS
- ‘Tremors’: John Ellison Conlee Joins Syfy Reboot As Series Regular
- LeBron James & Cavs’ NBA Doubleheader Season Opener Soars Almost 100% Over 2016 – Update
- White House: No Recording Of Donald Trump’s Phone Call To Widow Of Soldier Killed In ISIS Ambush
- Casey Affleck To Star In Alfonso Cuarón Horror Drama TV Series