There will be more First Family drama on Shonda Rhimes’ drama Scandal next season. The series starring Kerry Washington as Washington crisis management consultant/fixer Olivia Pope has promoted Bellamy Young to a regular. Young plays First Lady Mellie Grant on the show. She was a recurring guest star on the seven-episode first season and ended up appearing in every episode of the season, which featured Pope’s affair with President Grant (Tony Goldwyn) as a major storyline. Scandal is undergoing changes going into Season 2, with regular Henry Ian Cusick departing as his option was not picked up, and Young and Joshua Malina, who recurred as U.S. Attorney David Rosen, both promoted to regulars. Young, repped by Domain and Framework, recently recurred on Criminal Minds as Thomas Gibson’s love interest.
Bellamy Young To Be Regular On 'Scandal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- Bill Paxton Dies: ‘Twister’, ‘Big Love’ Actor Was 61
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring