There will be more First Family drama on Shonda Rhimes’ drama Scandal next season. The series starring Kerry Washington as Washington crisis management consultant/fixer Olivia Pope has promoted Bellamy Young to a regular. Young plays First Lady Mellie Grant on the show. She was a recurring guest star on the seven-episode first season and ended up appearing in every episode of the season, which featured Pope’s affair with President Grant (Tony Goldwyn) as a major storyline. Scandal is undergoing changes going into Season 2, with regular Henry Ian Cusick departing as his option was not picked up, and Young and Joshua Malina, who recurred as U.S. Attorney David Rosen, both promoted to regulars. Young, repped by Domain and Framework, recently recurred on Criminal Minds as Thomas Gibson’s love interest.
Bellamy Young To Be Regular On 'Scandal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Counterpart’: Olivia Williams & Harry Lloyd To Co-Star In Starz Drama Series
- ‘Notorious’ & ‘Pitch’ Hold Steady In Week 2 With No ‘TNF’ On CBS, ‘Grey’s…
- ‘Westworld’ EPs On HBO Series’ Evolution, Robot Ethics, Nude Extras & Season 2 Possibilities
- ‘Star’: Naomi Campbell Joins Lee Daniels’ Fox Series As Recurring
- ‘Snowfall’ Cocaine Drama Picked Up To Series By FX
- Anonymous Content Finds Its New Strategic Partner: Laurene Powell Jobs’ Emerson Collective