There will be more First Family drama on Shonda Rhimes’ drama Scandal next season. The series starring Kerry Washington as Washington crisis management consultant/fixer Olivia Pope has promoted Bellamy Young to a regular. Young plays First Lady Mellie Grant on the show. She was a recurring guest star on the seven-episode first season and ended up appearing in every episode of the season, which featured Pope’s affair with President Grant (Tony Goldwyn) as a major storyline. Scandal is undergoing changes going into Season 2, with regular Henry Ian Cusick departing as his option was not picked up, and Young and Joshua Malina, who recurred as U.S. Attorney David Rosen, both promoted to regulars. Young, repped by Domain and Framework, recently recurred on Criminal Minds as Thomas Gibson’s love interest.
Bellamy Young To Be Regular On 'Scandal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Luther’, ‘Mistresses’ & ‘Life On Mars’ Getting Korean Remakes – BBC Showcase
- Fox News Launching Standalone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’