There will be more First Family drama on Shonda Rhimes’ drama Scandal next season. The series starring Kerry Washington as Washington crisis management consultant/fixer Olivia Pope has promoted Bellamy Young to a regular. Young plays First Lady Mellie Grant on the show. She was a recurring guest star on the seven-episode first season and ended up appearing in every episode of the season, which featured Pope’s affair with President Grant (Tony Goldwyn) as a major storyline. Scandal is undergoing changes going into Season 2, with regular Henry Ian Cusick departing as his option was not picked up, and Young and Joshua Malina, who recurred as U.S. Attorney David Rosen, both promoted to regulars. Young, repped by Domain and Framework, recently recurred on Criminal Minds as Thomas Gibson’s love interest.
Bellamy Young To Be Regular On 'Scandal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures Television Reshuffles International Production Team
- Olympics Ratings Rise From 2018 Low; Down From 2014 On 2nd Sunday Of Games
- ‘Andi Mack’ Renewed For Third Season On Disney Channel
- David Attenborough’s New Wildlife Series Leads BBC Showcase Deals
- Fergie’s National Anthem Performance Panned At NBA’S All-Star Game
- BBC Studios Scores Non-Scripted Orders From Viacom’s C5 – BBC Showcase