There will be more First Family drama on Shonda Rhimes’ drama Scandal next season. The series starring Kerry Washington as Washington crisis management consultant/fixer Olivia Pope has promoted Bellamy Young to a regular. Young plays First Lady Mellie Grant on the show. She was a recurring guest star on the seven-episode first season and ended up appearing in every episode of the season, which featured Pope’s affair with President Grant (Tony Goldwyn) as a major storyline. Scandal is undergoing changes going into Season 2, with regular Henry Ian Cusick departing as his option was not picked up, and Young and Joshua Malina, who recurred as U.S. Attorney David Rosen, both promoted to regulars. Young, repped by Domain and Framework, recently recurred on Criminal Minds as Thomas Gibson’s love interest.
Bellamy Young To Be Regular On 'Scandal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest TV News
- Actors’ Equity Re-Elects Kate Shindle As President
- ‘Floribama Shore’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On MTV; First Teaser
- TV Talk Podcast: No Nicole Kidman Or Jessica Lange Leaves Best Actress Limited Series Wide Open For Emmys
- TV Series Based On Japan’s Rent-A-Relative Business In Works At Anonymous Content, Paramount TV & Condé Nast
- ‘Claws’ Showrunner Janine Sherman Barrois Inks New Overall Deal With WBTV
- ‘Hair’ Will Be NBC’s 2019 Spring Musical; Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Producing