There will be more First Family drama on Shonda Rhimes’ drama Scandal next season. The series starring Kerry Washington as Washington crisis management consultant/fixer Olivia Pope has promoted Bellamy Young to a regular. Young plays First Lady Mellie Grant on the show. She was a recurring guest star on the seven-episode first season and ended up appearing in every episode of the season, which featured Pope’s affair with President Grant (Tony Goldwyn) as a major storyline. Scandal is undergoing changes going into Season 2, with regular Henry Ian Cusick departing as his option was not picked up, and Young and Joshua Malina, who recurred as U.S. Attorney David Rosen, both promoted to regulars. Young, repped by Domain and Framework, recently recurred on Criminal Minds as Thomas Gibson’s love interest.
Bellamy Young To Be Regular On 'Scandal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Latest TV News
- ‘So Close’: Julie Klausner To Co-Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Maryland High School Shooter Dead, Two Classmates In Critical Condition – Update
- Lantern’s All-Cash Bid For The Weinstein Co. Is $310 Million, Documents Show
- ITV Global, Shout! Factory Pact For Multi-Film & Series Content Deal With Some Big Titles
- ‘Flack’: Sophie Okonedo, Genevieve Angelson, More Join Anna Paquin’s Pop TV Drama
- John Oliver’s Marlon Bundo Book Sells Out In A Day; Another Printing In Works