There will be more First Family drama on Shonda Rhimes’ drama Scandal next season. The series starring Kerry Washington as Washington crisis management consultant/fixer Olivia Pope has promoted Bellamy Young to a regular. Young plays First Lady Mellie Grant on the show. She was a recurring guest star on the seven-episode first season and ended up appearing in every episode of the season, which featured Pope’s affair with President Grant (Tony Goldwyn) as a major storyline. Scandal is undergoing changes going into Season 2, with regular Henry Ian Cusick departing as his option was not picked up, and Young and Joshua Malina, who recurred as U.S. Attorney David Rosen, both promoted to regulars. Young, repped by Domain and Framework, recently recurred on Criminal Minds as Thomas Gibson’s love interest.
Bellamy Young To Be Regular On 'Scandal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
Latest TV News
- ‘Chicago Justice’ Casts Monica Barbaro As Series Regular
- Fox Nabs Buddy Drama Loosely Based On ‘I Spy’ From David Shore, McG & ‘Blacklist’ Producers With Put…
- ‘America’s Got Talent’, ‘Big Brother’ & ‘MasterChef’ Ratings All…
- Seth Meyers Downgrades Donald Trump Offer On ‘Chicago President’
- Ex-‘Top Gear’ Producer On “Perfect Storm” At BBC & Jeremy Clarkson’s New Amazon Series…
- ‘American Girl’: ‘Black-ish’s Marsai Martin To Star In Amazon’s Special Set During The Civil…