There will be more First Family drama on Shonda Rhimes’ drama Scandal next season. The series starring Kerry Washington as Washington crisis management consultant/fixer Olivia Pope has promoted Bellamy Young to a regular. Young plays First Lady Mellie Grant on the show. She was a recurring guest star on the seven-episode first season and ended up appearing in every episode of the season, which featured Pope’s affair with President Grant (Tony Goldwyn) as a major storyline. Scandal is undergoing changes going into Season 2, with regular Henry Ian Cusick departing as his option was not picked up, and Young and Joshua Malina, who recurred as U.S. Attorney David Rosen, both promoted to regulars. Young, repped by Domain and Framework, recently recurred on Criminal Minds as Thomas Gibson’s love interest.
Bellamy Young To Be Regular On 'Scandal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
Latest TV News
- ‘Pitch’ Creator Dan Fogelman “Optimistic” About Season 2 On Fox
- ‘Riverdale’ Review: CW’s Soapy ‘Archie’ Series Is Young-Adult Awesome
- ‘Trial & Error’ Mockumentary Series To Feature New Case Each Season – TCA
- ‘This Is Us’ Upcoming Guest Stars: Katie Couric & Brian Tyree Henry
- Netflix Shares Rise On Surprisingly Strong Q4 Sub Growth
- President Obama Pushes Media To Be “Skeptics” In Dig At Trump During Final Press Conference