BBC America has picked up new Canadian sci-fi drama series Orphan Black. The move comes two weeks after Canada’s Bell Media greenlighted 10 episodes of Orphan Black for its genre channel Space. With BBC Worldwide distributing the series internationally, a pickup by BBC America seems logical. From Toronto’s Temple Street Prods., Orphan Black, co-created by Graeme Manson (Flashpoint) and John Fawcett (Spartacus), centers on a street-wise chameleon, who discovers that she is a clone. The series will premiere in the US as part of BBC Ameriica’s Supernatural Saturdays programming block. Production on the new series begins in Toronto this fall.
BBC America Picks Up Sci-Fi Drama Series 'Orphan Black'
What's Hot on Deadline
ABC Orders Drama Pilots 'The Good Doctor' & 'Doomsday' From David Shore, Daniel Dae Kim & Carol Mendesohn
Latest TV News
- Ewan McGregor Scraps UK Talk Show Visit Over Piers Morgan Women’s March Barbs
- Amazon Scraps ‘Highston’ Comedy Series From Bob Nelson & Sacha Baron Cohen
- ABC Orders Drama Pilots ‘The Good Doctor’ & ‘Doomsday’ From David Shore, Daniel Dae Kim…
- NBC’s ‘Days Of Our Lives’ Taps Soap Writing Vet Ron Carlivati
- Verizon Axes 155 Go90 Staffers; Streaming Service Targets Millennials
- CBS Orders Crime Drama Pilot Starring Alan Cumming, Craig Turk Legal Drama