BBC America has picked up new Canadian sci-fi drama series Orphan Black. The move comes two weeks after Canada’s Bell Media greenlighted 10 episodes of Orphan Black for its genre channel Space. With BBC Worldwide distributing the series internationally, a pickup by BBC America seems logical. From Toronto’s Temple Street Prods., Orphan Black, co-created by Graeme Manson (Flashpoint) and John Fawcett (Spartacus), centers on a street-wise chameleon, who discovers that she is a clone. The series will premiere in the US as part of BBC Ameriica’s Supernatural Saturdays programming block. Production on the new series begins in Toronto this fall.
BBC America Picks Up Sci-Fi Drama Series 'Orphan Black'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' Debuts OK, 'Blue Bloods' Inches Up Against World Series – Ratings
- Vine Star Curtis Lepore Exits Rainn Wilson Comedy
- 'Manhattan Love Story' Cancelled By ABC
- Brody Jenner & Stevie Ryan Relationship Talk Show Ordered By E! As Presentation
- Adam Davidson To Direct Pilot For 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series
- 'Two & Half Men' Co-Creator Lee Aronsohn & Marcus Wiley Sell Comedy To ABC