As of today, Marvel’s The Avengers is #3 domestically, #4 internationally, and #3 globally in terms of worldwide box office. And the Disney film still is yet to open in Japan, which takes place on August 17th. Right now its gross is $1.438B. But today the mega-hit superhero assembly crosses $600M at the domestic box office, which surpasses the original 2D domestic run of the Fox/Paramount co-venture Titanic ($600,788,188) and was the 2nd highest grossing domestic film in history. Of course none of these figures are adjusted for inflation and higher ticket prices and 3D premiums. What’s even more incredible is that the pic is still solidly in the Top 10 domestically after opening the first week in May. Congrats, Joss Whedon and cast.
'Avengers' Passing $600M Domestic Today
What's Hot on Deadline
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 80+ Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'Suits' Spinoff Starring Gina Torres To Be Introduced In 'Suits' Season 7 Finale, Will Be About Chicago Politics
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Girls Trip’ Speeds Past $100M; A Box Office Anomaly In Unfunny Year For Comedy
- After Horrific Summer At Box Office, ‘It’ Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
- ‘Hamilton’ Review: L.A Version Lives Up To Hip-Hop Hype While Challenging Status Quo
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Brings #Ham4Ham Live Performance For ‘Hamilton’ Opening Night In L.A.
- L.A. Film Czar Ken Ziffren Says Premium VOD For Studios Still In Limbo
- ‘Tulip Fever’ Release Date Shifts Into September