As of today, Marvel’s The Avengers is #3 domestically, #4 internationally, and #3 globally in terms of worldwide box office. And the Disney film still is yet to open in Japan, which takes place on August 17th. Right now its gross is $1.438B. But today the mega-hit superhero assembly crosses $600M at the domestic box office, which surpasses the original 2D domestic run of the Fox/Paramount co-venture Titanic ($600,788,188) and was the 2nd highest grossing domestic film in history. Of course none of these figures are adjusted for inflation and higher ticket prices and 3D premiums. What’s even more incredible is that the pic is still solidly in the Top 10 domestically after opening the first week in May. Congrats, Joss Whedon and cast.
'Avengers' Passing $600M Domestic Today
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Gets Saturday Treat As 'Jack Reacher' Trips; 'Joneses' Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. PM Udate
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Madea’ Gets Saturday Treat As ‘Jack Reacher’ Trips; ‘Joneses’ Lower Than ‘Masterminds’ – Sat…
- What Happened To ‘The Joneses’ At The Box Office?
- ‘Burn This’ Broadway Revival With Jake Gyllenhaal Postponed Until 2017-2018
- Michael Moore Trumps Weekend Buzz; Leonardo DiCaprio Floats 'Before the Flood' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ’13 Going On 30′ Going To Broadway; Revolution Preps Musical Take On 2004 Hit
- Nathan Lane’s The News In Scott Rudin’s Star-Packed ‘Front Page’ Revival