As of today, Marvel’s The Avengers is #3 domestically, #4 internationally, and #3 globally in terms of worldwide box office. And the Disney film still is yet to open in Japan, which takes place on August 17th. Right now its gross is $1.438B. But today the mega-hit superhero assembly crosses $600M at the domestic box office, which surpasses the original 2D domestic run of the Fox/Paramount co-venture Titanic ($600,788,188) and was the 2nd highest grossing domestic film in history. Of course none of these figures are adjusted for inflation and higher ticket prices and 3D premiums. What’s even more incredible is that the pic is still solidly in the Top 10 domestically after opening the first week in May. Congrats, Joss Whedon and cast.
'Avengers' Passing $600M Domestic Today
What's Hot on Deadline
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Dunkirk’ Flying To $51M+; ‘Girls Trip’ Driving To $29M+; ‘Valerian’ Still A Disaster…
- Weinstein Co.’s Ballerina Toon ‘Leap!’ Jumps Up From Labor Day – Update
- ‘Dunkirk’ Logs Two-Day Cume Of $8.6M After Solid $2.2M Start – Int’l Box Office
- ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Mother!’ Move Up; ‘Cloverfield’ Stomps To February – Paramount Release…
- Jenny Slate Dials Up 'Landline'; Music Box Calls 'The Midwife' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Toronto’s Superb Soulpepper Troupe Beats ‘Hamilton’ At The Freebie Game