As of today, Marvel’s The Avengers is #3 domestically, #4 internationally, and #3 globally in terms of worldwide box office. And the Disney film still is yet to open in Japan, which takes place on August 17th. Right now its gross is $1.438B. But today the mega-hit superhero assembly crosses $600M at the domestic box office, which surpasses the original 2D domestic run of the Fox/Paramount co-venture Titanic ($600,788,188) and was the 2nd highest grossing domestic film in history. Of course none of these figures are adjusted for inflation and higher ticket prices and 3D premiums. What’s even more incredible is that the pic is still solidly in the Top 10 domestically after opening the first week in May. Congrats, Joss Whedon and cast.
'Avengers' Passing $600M Domestic Today
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International…
- How ‘Wonder’ Turned Wonderful At The Box Office With A $27M Opening Against Superhero Movie ‘Justice League…
- 'Roman J. Israel, Esq.' Bows OK; 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Extend Robust Runs – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened – Sunday…
- ‘Justice League’ Rises To $70.7M Through Friday At International Box Office
- Review: Lerner & Loewe’s Golden ‘Brigadoon’ With Kelli O’Hara and Aasif Mandvi