As of today, Marvel’s The Avengers is #3 domestically, #4 internationally, and #3 globally in terms of worldwide box office. And the Disney film still is yet to open in Japan, which takes place on August 17th. Right now its gross is $1.438B. But today the mega-hit superhero assembly crosses $600M at the domestic box office, which surpasses the original 2D domestic run of the Fox/Paramount co-venture Titanic ($600,788,188) and was the 2nd highest grossing domestic film in history. Of course none of these figures are adjusted for inflation and higher ticket prices and 3D premiums. What’s even more incredible is that the pic is still solidly in the Top 10 domestically after opening the first week in May. Congrats, Joss Whedon and cast.
'Avengers' Passing $600M Domestic Today
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Julian Fellowes On The End Of 'Downton' And Its Future: "The Crawleys Would Still Be There" - AwardsLine
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Storms China With $12.3M Opening Day; Sets Franchise Best
- ‘Pets’ Collars $674M WW; ‘Suicide Squad’ Necks $575M Through Sunday – Intl B.O. Final
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Looks To Hook Moviegoers Heading Into Labor Day; Changes Up Release Pattern
- The Perils Of Remakes Like ‘Ben-Hur’ As Moviegoers Continue To Worship ‘Suicide Squad’ – Monday…
- ‘Finding Neverland’ Ascends To Heaviside Layer; ‘Wicked’ Off $204K – Broadway B.O.
- Natalie Portman's 'A Tale Of Love And Darkness' Solid in Debut, 'Hell Or High Water' Sizzles In Expansion…