Ashton Kutcher’s production company is suing the California Department of Motor Vehicles for $1.4 million in damages for pulling out of a reality television series deal. The lawsuit, filed today in LA Superior Court, alleges the DMV breached its contract with Kutcher’s Katalyst Media and Soda and Pop, Inc. According to the suit, the DMV committed in writing to collaborating with Katalyst on the series in June 2010. But just six weeks after signing the agreement, the suit says the DMV “abruptly and without justifiable excuse, changed course.” Katalyst alleges in the suit (read it here) that it had already spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in pre-production for the show. The series was to feature employees and patrons of the DMV in various “humanizing and entertaining” situations that arise on a daily basis” in DMV offices throughout California.
Ashton Kutcher's Katalyst Sues California DMV Over Reality TV Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
Rose McGowan Reads Hollywood Missive In Surprise 'Letters Live' NYC Appearance; Joins Benedict Cumberbatch, Edie Falco
'SNL' Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs' Questions, Yes-Ands In 'Chicago Improv'
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’ Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs’ Questions, Yes-Ands In ‘Chicago Improv…
- Royal Wedding Ratings: 18M Watch Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s Big Day In The UK
- ‘SNL’: Donald Trump Gets ‘The Sopranos’ Treatment In Season Finale Cold Open
- Food Network ‘Ginormous Food’ Host Josh Denny Stirs The Pot Via Twitter
- Royal Wedding Draws Hollywood Tweets And Praise – Reactions From Online
- Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She “Looks Amazing”, Bishop Curry’s Speech And Other…