The federal judge in the e-book price-fixing case against Apple and book publishers who haven’t settled out of court has set a trial date of June 3, 2013, Bloomberg reports. Of the five publishers originally charged, only Macmillan and Penguin remain after CBS Corp’s Simon & Schuster, Hachette and News Corp’s HarperCollins agreed to settle out of court after the government filed suit April 11. Settlements between the three publishers and all 50 states are slated to be finalized August 10. Feds have stepped up enforcement against price-fixing in other industries as well and have increased scrutiny of Apple’s digital publishing, mobile computing and music retail businesses to make sure company hasn’t thwarted competition.
Apple E-Book Price-Fixing Trial Date Set
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions