The federal judge in the e-book price-fixing case against Apple and book publishers who haven’t settled out of court has set a trial date of June 3, 2013, Bloomberg reports. Of the five publishers originally charged, only Macmillan and Penguin remain after CBS Corp’s Simon & Schuster, Hachette and News Corp’s HarperCollins agreed to settle out of court after the government filed suit April 11. Settlements between the three publishers and all 50 states are slated to be finalized August 10. Feds have stepped up enforcement against price-fixing in other industries as well and have increased scrutiny of Apple’s digital publishing, mobile computing and music retail businesses to make sure company hasn’t thwarted competition.
Apple E-Book Price-Fixing Trial Date Set
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'