Keira Knightley and Joe Wright reteam for a third time on Anna Karenina, which Focus Features will release in select cities November 9. It’s got a pretty stellar team: adapted by Tom Stoppard and co-starring Aaron Johnson, Jude Law, Matthew Macfadyen, Kelly Macdonald, Ruth Wilson, Olivia Williams, and Emily Watson among others. Oh yeah, it’s from a novel by some guy named Tolstoy. It’s definitely got the look of Atonement, the last Knightley-Wright tie-up that earned an Oscar Best Picture nomination in 2008 (it has the same producers in Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner and Paul Webster). But it seems more sweep-y, which the classic Russian novel certainly deserves.
Hot Trailer: 'Anna Karenina'
What's Hot on Deadline
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Film News
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit
- Guillermo Del Toro Denies ‘Shape Of Water’ Was Influenced By 1969 Play: “I Never Saw It”
- Director Roland Joffé Inks With Gersh
- ‘Annihilation’ Review: Natalie Portman Ramps Up The Action In Alex Garland’s Smart, Scary Journey Into…
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight…