Keira Knightley and Joe Wright reteam for a third time on Anna Karenina, which Focus Features will release in select cities November 9. It’s got a pretty stellar team: adapted by Tom Stoppard and co-starring Aaron Johnson, Jude Law, Matthew Macfadyen, Kelly Macdonald, Ruth Wilson, Olivia Williams, and Emily Watson among others. Oh yeah, it’s from a novel by some guy named Tolstoy. It’s definitely got the look of Atonement, the last Knightley-Wright tie-up that earned an Oscar Best Picture nomination in 2008 (it has the same producers in Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner and Paul Webster). But it seems more sweep-y, which the classic Russian novel certainly deserves.
Hot Trailer: 'Anna Karenina'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest Film News
- The Murdochs Would Become Disney’s Largest Individual Shareholders When Merger Clears
- Clothes Make The Characters In ‘Phantom Thread’ – The Contenders Video
- Oscars: Foreign Language Film Shortlist Cuts Field To Nine; France’s ‘BPM’ Snubbed
- Director Sean Baker On Building ‘The Florida Project’ – The Contenders Video
- Bob Iger & The Murdochs On The Disney-Fox Deal – Read The Memos
- Global Road Entertainment Acquires Stanley Tucci-Starring Thriller ‘The Silence’