Keira Knightley and Joe Wright reteam for a third time on Anna Karenina, which Focus Features will release in select cities November 9. It’s got a pretty stellar team: adapted by Tom Stoppard and co-starring Aaron Johnson, Jude Law, Matthew Macfadyen, Kelly Macdonald, Ruth Wilson, Olivia Williams, and Emily Watson among others. Oh yeah, it’s from a novel by some guy named Tolstoy. It’s definitely got the look of Atonement, the last Knightley-Wright tie-up that earned an Oscar Best Picture nomination in 2008 (it has the same producers in Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner and Paul Webster). But it seems more sweep-y, which the classic Russian novel certainly deserves.
Hot Trailer: 'Anna Karenina'
What's Hot on Deadline
Patton Oswalt Responds To Arrest In Golden State Killer Case, The Subject Of Late Wife's Book "I'll Be Gone In The Dark"
Latest Film News
- J.J. Abrams Says ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel “In The Works For Theaters”, Shows Off ‘Overlord…
- Paramount Unveils First Look At ‘Transformers’ Spinoff ‘Bumblebee’ – CinemaCon
- ‘Kings’ Review: Halle Berry & Daniel Craig Can’t Save Tone-Deaf Movie Set During 1992 L.A. Riots
- Annapurna, Plan B Plot ‘Spotlight’-Like Movie On How NY Times Reporters Broke Harvey Weinstein Sex Scandal Story
- ‘A Quiet Place 2’ Is “In The Works”, Paramount Boss Says – CinemaCon
- Universal And Cher Whet Appetite For Highly Commercial 2018 Slate, Followed By Lunch With Focus – CinemaCon