Keira Knightley and Joe Wright reteam for a third time on Anna Karenina, which Focus Features will release in select cities November 9. It’s got a pretty stellar team: adapted by Tom Stoppard and co-starring Aaron Johnson, Jude Law, Matthew Macfadyen, Kelly Macdonald, Ruth Wilson, Olivia Williams, and Emily Watson among others. Oh yeah, it’s from a novel by some guy named Tolstoy. It’s definitely got the look of Atonement, the last Knightley-Wright tie-up that earned an Oscar Best Picture nomination in 2008 (it has the same producers in Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner and Paul Webster). But it seems more sweep-y, which the classic Russian novel certainly deserves.
Hot Trailer: 'Anna Karenina'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride Afloat
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Jerry Perenchio Dies: Hollywood Dealmaker & Former Univision CEO Was 86
- Andy Bellin Comes Aboard To Adapt ‘Drone Warrior’ For Michael Bay
- WGA Ratifies New Film & TV Contract
- Manchester Attack Updates: Six Arrested, Ariana Grande Suspends Tour & Tom Hardy Launches Fundraiser For Victims
- ICM Partners Ups Rich Green To Head Of Media Rights; Plumps Department
- Woody Harrelson’s One-Night, One-Take, Live Directorial Gamble Pays Off – Deadline Disruptors