Ann Curry will bid viewers adieux this morning from her spot as co-host of NBC’s Today show, she told USA Today. “I’m going to have to tell our viewers. That’s what makes me more emotional than anything. I don’t want to leave them,” Curry said. “I love them. And I will really miss them.” Curry segues to a new multiyear contract with the network leading a seven-person team covering stories for NBC Nightly News, Dateline, Rock Center and even Today plus filling in occasionally as anchor on Nightly News and other telecasts. Even though viewing her new gig as a dream job, the public process of her exit from Today has hurt, she said. Defensive at the suggestion that she lacked chemistry with Matt Lauer, she said “you know, Matt and I have had great on-air chemistry for 14 years, been part of the No. 1 winning team for a history-making number of years. That said, I just finished my freshman year as co-host. In every single co-host’s first year, there have been kinks to be worked out, and perhaps I deserve as much blame for that as anyone.”
Ann Curry Confirms Exit From 'Today', Will Lead NBC News-Gathering Team Of 7
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Keith OIbermann's ESPN2 Program Moving; He'll Anchor Some 'SportsCenter' Shows (Video)
- Hot Trailer: 'The Pyramid'
- Lionsgate Nabs Schwarzenegger Starrer 'Maggie'; Oscilloscope Rocks With 'Jingle Bell' Docu
- Kathryn Prescott Joins CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- Hot TV Teaser: 'The Affair'
- Participant Joins DreamWorks On Spielberg Cold War Pic & 'The Light Between Oceans'