“This is not as I expected to ever leave this couch after 15 years,” the Today co-host said this morning, when she announced today is her last day as a regular co-host on the NBC morning show. “They’re giving me some fancy new titles which essentially mean I’m going to get tickets to every big story we want to cover.” She now becomes Anchor at Large and National and International Correspondent for NBC News. She’ll cover global stories, anchor primetime specials and report for Today, Nightly News, Rock Center, Dateline and MSNBC, as well as digital properties.
'Today's Ann Curry Tearfully Apologizes For Not Carrying “Ball To The Finish Line”
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
More From Lieberman
- Will Redbox's 25% Price Hike For DVD Rentals Hurt Its Bargain Image?
- Exhibitors Agree To “Landmark” ADA Compromise On Closed Captioning
- Court Blocks FCC On Content Deals, Cutting Outsiders' Access To Program Terms
- Turner Networks, Including CNN, Return To Dish Network
- Norman Lear Nixes 'All In The Family' Reboot For Sony--For Now
- Aereo Files For Bankruptcy Protection