Friends and fans of Roger Slifer are asking police and the public for their help in tracking down the hit-and-run driver who ran down Slifer in a Santa Monica intersection, leaving him in critical condition. Police say the animation and comic book veteran was crossing 5th Street early Saturday morning when he was mowed down by a white sedan with tinted windows. The driver fled and Slifer remains hospitalized. Slifer, a member of The CPL Gang, began working for Marvel in the mid-1970s, moving to DC Comics in 1981. He later transitioned into animation, working for Sunbow Entertainment as a producer, story editor and writer on series including Jem And The Holograms, Transformers and G.I. Joe Extreme.
Animation and Comic Book Veteran Roger Slifer Critically Injured In Hit And Run
What's Hot on Deadline
Leonardo DiCaprio Remembers 'Gilbert Grape' Star Darlene Cates: "She Was The Best Acting Mom I Ever Had"
Latest Film News
- Disney At CinemaCon: ‘Wreck It Ralph’ Sequel Now Titled ‘Ralph Breaks The Internet’
- WGA East's Council Asks Members To Authorize Strike
- Paramount Brings The Star Power To CinemaCon: Dwayne Johnson, Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon, George Clooney, Al Gore & More
- Paramount Teases Nickelodeon-Based Feature Toon Lineup Including ‘The Loud House’ – CinemaCon
- Fox 2000, Macmillan Land African Flavored Fantasy Novel ‘Children Of Blood And Bone’ In Splashy Deal
- ‘The Flash’s Grant Gustin Draws ‘The Last Full Measure’