Just after confirming his departure from Saturday Night Live, Andy Samberg has joined BBC Three comedy, Cuckoo. The six-part series from Roughcut Television will shoot this summer to air later this year. In it, Samberg will play Cuckoo, the new husband to an English girl returning home from her post-college gap year. The Inbetweeners‘ Greg Davies and Friends‘ Helen Baxendale play the girl’s parents who reluctantly take in their new son-in-law, despite being horrified by his New Age-y, slacker ways. Cuckoo was created and written by Robin French and Kieron Quirke. It will be executive produced for BBC Three by Chris Sussman and by Ash Atalla and Dan Hine for Roughcut. Ben Taylor is directing.
Andy Samberg Goes 'Cuckoo' For BBC Three Comedy Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.3M; 'Ice Age' Franchise Crosses $3B To Best 'Shrek'; China Loves 'Skiptrace' - Int'l Box Office Sunday
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Takes To Reddit; Tim Kaine Talks To Telemundo Tonight
- ‘The Get Down’ Trailer: Baz Luhrmann’s Netflix Music-Driven Drama Follows Rise Of Hip Hop In 1970s New York
- Discovery Communications Ad Sales Chief Joe Abruzzese To Retire At Year End
- John Oliver Roasts Donald Trump’s RNC As Controversy Roils DNC Opening
- Netflix Lands Global Streaming Rights To FX’s ‘American Crime Story’
- Chinese Authorities Crack Down On Online News Reporting