Just after confirming his departure from Saturday Night Live, Andy Samberg has joined BBC Three comedy, Cuckoo. The six-part series from Roughcut Television will shoot this summer to air later this year. In it, Samberg will play Cuckoo, the new husband to an English girl returning home from her post-college gap year. The Inbetweeners‘ Greg Davies and Friends‘ Helen Baxendale play the girl’s parents who reluctantly take in their new son-in-law, despite being horrified by his New Age-y, slacker ways. Cuckoo was created and written by Robin French and Kieron Quirke. It will be executive produced for BBC Three by Chris Sussman and by Ash Atalla and Dan Hine for Roughcut. Ben Taylor is directing.
Andy Samberg Goes 'Cuckoo' For BBC Three Comedy Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
Latest TV News
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins