The Alliance of Motion Picture & Television Producers and the Animation Guild will resume contract talks next Tuesday. This two-day session comes almost two months after contract discussions broke down April 17 between AMPTP and IATSE Local 839. Deadline has learned that AMPTP president Carol Lombardini called the Animation Guild’s Business Representative Steve Hulett this morning to offer specific dates that the two sides could meet. This call came after a series of calls and correspondence last week from both sides regarding scheduling. Both sides agreed that early next week was the soonest they could get everyone who needed to be there ready. All studios that are signatories to the contract — basically anyone who does animation for film and/or TV — will be represented. The meetings will take place at AMPTP’s headquarters in Sherman Oaks. The current three-year deal between the Animation Guild and AMPTP expires July 31. The Animation Guild represents more than 2,000 animators. The guild recently held a series of open information meetings for visual effects artists interested in unionizing.
AMPTP & IATSE Animation Guild Resume Talks June 12
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Film News
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney
- California’s IMDb Age Law Violates First Amendment, Federal Court Rules; SAG-AFTRA “Extremely Disappointed”…
- Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives…
- ‘Ismael’s Ghosts’ Trailer: Marion Cotillard Haunts A Former Lover In Arnaud Desplechin Drama
- ‘Cowboy Ninja Viking’ Adds ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Scribe Eric Pearson