AMPCO Films has purchased rights to Michael Scott’s The Alchemyst. Lawless Entertainment’s Cathy Malatesta negotiated the Australian-based company’s acquisition of the bestseller, about 14th century French alchemist Nicholas Flamel. The book is the first of the six-part The Secrets Of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. No word yet on who will be directing the film adaptation, but Scott will write the screenplay. Production is scheduled to start in February in Australia and New Zealand. Mario Andreacchio and Konstantin Thoeren will produce. Stefan Brunner, the former COO of Imagenation Abu Dhabi, is packaging the project. Brunner will serve as executive producer with Malatesta, Scott and Barry Krost.
AMPCO Buys Rights To 'The Alchemyst'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest Film News
- Katherine Paterson YA Works Getting Movie & TV Treatment From Arcady Bay & Meteor 17
- Woody Allen Gets NY Film Fest Closing Slot With ‘Wonder Wheel’
- Rick Famuyiwa In Negotiations To Helm ‘Son Of Shaolin’ For Seven Bucks And Sony
- The Jackal Group Hires Susan Lierle As SVP Business & Legal Affairs
- ‘Valerian’ And The City Of A Thousand Misconceptions: Who’s On The Hook?
- Fox Sets Russo Brothers In Co-Finance & WW Distribution Deal For New Movie Projects