AMPCO Films has purchased rights to Michael Scott’s The Alchemyst. Lawless Entertainment’s Cathy Malatesta negotiated the Australian-based company’s acquisition of the bestseller, about 14th century French alchemist Nicholas Flamel. The book is the first of the six-part The Secrets Of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. No word yet on who will be directing the film adaptation, but Scott will write the screenplay. Production is scheduled to start in February in Australia and New Zealand. Mario Andreacchio and Konstantin Thoeren will produce. Stefan Brunner, the former COO of Imagenation Abu Dhabi, is packaging the project. Brunner will serve as executive producer with Malatesta, Scott and Barry Krost.
AMPCO Buys Rights To 'The Alchemyst'
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
Latest Film News
- ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Says Ahoy To $86.5M – Int’l Box Office Update
- Why ‘Pirates’ & ‘Baywatch’ Are Trudging Through Sand At The Domestic B.O. — Sat. AM Update
- ‘The Fate Of The Furious’ Expected To Cross $1B Tomorrow At Int’l Box Office
- TWC Schedules ‘Paddington 2’ For Wide Release
- Paramount Nudges ‘Sherlock Gnomes’ To Later Release Date
- Which Festival Debuts In The South Of France Might Travel All The Way To Oscar? — Cannes