AMPCO Films has purchased rights to Michael Scott’s The Alchemyst. Lawless Entertainment’s Cathy Malatesta negotiated the Australian-based company’s acquisition of the bestseller, about 14th century French alchemist Nicholas Flamel. The book is the first of the six-part The Secrets Of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. No word yet on who will be directing the film adaptation, but Scott will write the screenplay. Production is scheduled to start in February in Australia and New Zealand. Mario Andreacchio and Konstantin Thoeren will produce. Stefan Brunner, the former COO of Imagenation Abu Dhabi, is packaging the project. Brunner will serve as executive producer with Malatesta, Scott and Barry Krost.
AMPCO Buys Rights To 'The Alchemyst'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Studiocanal, Neal Street Climb Enid Blyton’s ‘Magic Faraway Tree’; Simon Farnaby To Pen
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ Trailer Includes New Fantastical Footage From Disney’s Ava DuVernay-Directed Adaptation
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International Box…
- 'Roman J. Israel, Esq.' Bows OK; 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Extend Robust Runs – Specialty Box Office