AMPCO Films has purchased rights to Michael Scott’s The Alchemyst. Lawless Entertainment’s Cathy Malatesta negotiated the Australian-based company’s acquisition of the bestseller, about 14th century French alchemist Nicholas Flamel. The book is the first of the six-part The Secrets Of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. No word yet on who will be directing the film adaptation, but Scott will write the screenplay. Production is scheduled to start in February in Australia and New Zealand. Mario Andreacchio and Konstantin Thoeren will produce. Stefan Brunner, the former COO of Imagenation Abu Dhabi, is packaging the project. Brunner will serve as executive producer with Malatesta, Scott and Barry Krost.
AMPCO Buys Rights To 'The Alchemyst'
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah: Donald Trump's NFL Tweets Don't Speak For All "Conservative, Old White Men" - Tribeca TV Festival
Latest Film News
- ‘Maze Runner: The Death Cure’ Trailer: The Gladers Have One Last Life-Threatening Labyrinth Adventure
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Fashions $100M+ Global Bow; ‘It’ Hits $478M & Spidey Tops 2017 Superheroes WW – International…
- ‘Victoria And Abdul’ Reigns With Top PTA; ‘Stronger’ & ‘Battle Of The Sexes’ Solid – Specialty…
- ‘Star Wars’: Ron Howard Shares “Dangerous And Desperate” Photos From Han Solo Movie Set
- Fran Drescher & Peter Bogdanovich Join ‘The Creatress’; Tilda Del Toro Boards ‘Night School’; Jaden Piner Cast In ‘BOO…
- Greta Gerwig’s ‘Lady Bird’ Going A Week Earlier In November