AMPCO Films has purchased rights to Michael Scott’s The Alchemyst. Lawless Entertainment’s Cathy Malatesta negotiated the Australian-based company’s acquisition of the bestseller, about 14th century French alchemist Nicholas Flamel. The book is the first of the six-part The Secrets Of The Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. No word yet on who will be directing the film adaptation, but Scott will write the screenplay. Production is scheduled to start in February in Australia and New Zealand. Mario Andreacchio and Konstantin Thoeren will produce. Stefan Brunner, the former COO of Imagenation Abu Dhabi, is packaging the project. Brunner will serve as executive producer with Malatesta, Scott and Barry Krost.
AMPCO Buys Rights To 'The Alchemyst'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Bouncing To $300M+; 'Power Rangers' Pummels 'Life' & 'CHIPS' - Midday B.O. Update
'Justice League' Teaser Trailers Recruit Wonder Woman, Cyborg; They Join Batman, Aquaman & The Flash - Update
Latest Film News
- WGA “Broke Off Negotiations,” Producers Claim As Strike Vote Looms
- WGA Negotiators Call For Strike-Authorization Vote – Read The Letter
- WGA Strike Vote Could Be “Very Soon” As Talks Continue
- No. 11 ‘Doctor Strange’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Robert Rodriguez To Direct ‘Escape From New York’
- AMC Networks Eyes Streaming Service For Subscribers: Report