Nostalgic baby boomers will like this new movie and TV licensing deal with Metro-Golydwn-Mayer Studios. It will enable Amazon Prime customers to stream the late 1980s TV series thirtysomething — as well as Baby Boom, the 1987 film starring Diane Keaton. The Prime Instant Video package also will include MGM’s hit films Silence of the Lambs, Dances with Wolves, Rain Man, The Good The Bad And The Ugly, and The Terminator. TV series include Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe, Dead Like Me, and The Pink Panther Show. The companies didn’t disclose much else about the terms, including how much Amazon will pay and how long the agreement runs. “MGM offers one of the most distinguished catalogs in all of Hollywood, and this deal will bring Prime Instant Video customers hundreds of new titles to enjoy on their Kindle Fire or any device compatible with Amazon Instant Video,” says Brad Beale, director of digital video content acquisition for Amazon. Prime Instant Video now includes more than 18,000 movies and TV episodes.
Amazon To Stream MGM Movies And Shows
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Film News
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize: Report
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners