Alloy Digital has acquired YouTube’s entertainment news provider, Clevver Media. With the move, Alloy Digital’s owned and operated channels move up to No. 1 in total YouTube subscribers, counting over 8 million. Clevver Media’s seven entertainment and celebrity focused YouTube channels include ClevverTV, ClevverMovies, ClevverMusic, ClevverGames, ClevverNews, ClevverStyle and the Spanish language ClevverTeve. The launched in 2006, Clevver marks the latest acquisition for Alloy Digital, which over the past year bought Smosh, an online leader in teen and young adult comedy content; production/management company Generate; and B5 Media, owner of women’s lifestyle digital publishing and media networks. Generate CEO Jordan Levin has now also been named president of Alloy Digital. The deal for Clevver Media comes on the heels of Alloy’s sibling Alloy Entertainment being acquired by Warner Bros. TV.
Alloy Digital Buys YouTube's Clevver Media
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Names Darrell Hammond As New Announcer
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star