Alloy Digital has acquired YouTube’s entertainment news provider, Clevver Media. With the move, Alloy Digital’s owned and operated channels move up to No. 1 in total YouTube subscribers, counting over 8 million. Clevver Media’s seven entertainment and celebrity focused YouTube channels include ClevverTV, ClevverMovies, ClevverMusic, ClevverGames, ClevverNews, ClevverStyle and the Spanish language ClevverTeve. The launched in 2006, Clevver marks the latest acquisition for Alloy Digital, which over the past year bought Smosh, an online leader in teen and young adult comedy content; production/management company Generate; and B5 Media, owner of women’s lifestyle digital publishing and media networks. Generate CEO Jordan Levin has now also been named president of Alloy Digital. The deal for Clevver Media comes on the heels of Alloy’s sibling Alloy Entertainment being acquired by Warner Bros. TV.
Alloy Digital Buys YouTube's Clevver Media
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'