Alloy Digital has acquired YouTube’s entertainment news provider, Clevver Media. With the move, Alloy Digital’s owned and operated channels move up to No. 1 in total YouTube subscribers, counting over 8 million. Clevver Media’s seven entertainment and celebrity focused YouTube channels include ClevverTV, ClevverMovies, ClevverMusic, ClevverGames, ClevverNews, ClevverStyle and the Spanish language ClevverTeve. The launched in 2006, Clevver marks the latest acquisition for Alloy Digital, which over the past year bought Smosh, an online leader in teen and young adult comedy content; production/management company Generate; and B5 Media, owner of women’s lifestyle digital publishing and media networks. Generate CEO Jordan Levin has now also been named president of Alloy Digital. The deal for Clevver Media comes on the heels of Alloy’s sibling Alloy Entertainment being acquired by Warner Bros. TV.
Alloy Digital Buys YouTube's Clevver Media
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- 'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams