EXCLUSIVE: Alex Pettyfer will next be seen — actually a lot of him will be seen — on the big screen shortly in the male stripping movie Magic Mike releasing into theaters on June 29th. The actor has just lined up his next movie, joining Precious director Lee Daniels’ The Butler in the role of Thomas Westphall. Like Daniels, the pic already has a stellar cast of Oscar winners and nominees: Forest Whitaker, David Oyelowo, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda, Oprah Winfrey, Minka Kelly, Cuba Gooding Jr, Terrance Howard, and Lenny Kravitz. And talks are underway with Vanessa Redgrave to join the pic as well. Pettyfer’s Westphall appears early in the life of Whitaker’s character and has a pivotal influence on the rest of that character’s life. Filming starts mid-July in New Orleans with producer Hillary Schor. Pettyfer is repped by WME.
Alex Pettyfer Joins Lee Daniels' 'The Butler'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- Steven Soderbergh Talks ‘Unsane’ Distribution & Shooting His Next Film On An iPhone – Berlin
- Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
- ‘Black Panther’ Posts Record $21M Pre-Summer Tuesday; Second Weekend To Reap $104M-$109M
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations
- ‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film’s Record-Breaking Weekend
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale