EXCLUSIVE: Alex Pettyfer will next be seen — actually a lot of him will be seen — on the big screen shortly in the male stripping movie Magic Mike releasing into theaters on June 29th. The actor has just lined up his next movie, joining Precious director Lee Daniels’ The Butler in the role of Thomas Westphall. Like Daniels, the pic already has a stellar cast of Oscar winners and nominees: Forest Whitaker, David Oyelowo, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda, Oprah Winfrey, Minka Kelly, Cuba Gooding Jr, Terrance Howard, and Lenny Kravitz. And talks are underway with Vanessa Redgrave to join the pic as well. Pettyfer’s Westphall appears early in the life of Whitaker’s character and has a pivotal influence on the rest of that character’s life. Filming starts mid-July in New Orleans with producer Hillary Schor. Pettyfer is repped by WME.
Alex Pettyfer Joins Lee Daniels' 'The Butler'
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest Film News
- Kate Bosworth, Michael Polish Launch Montana Art School; Night Fox To Produce Horror Pic ‘Streetwalkers’…
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became ‘The Tale’, A Movie I Hope Will Change The World…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- ‘Insidious: The Last Key’ Locks Up $100M+ Overseas For Franchise First
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”