EXCLUSIVE: Alex Pettyfer will next be seen — actually a lot of him will be seen — on the big screen shortly in the male stripping movie Magic Mike releasing into theaters on June 29th. The actor has just lined up his next movie, joining Precious director Lee Daniels’ The Butler in the role of Thomas Westphall. Like Daniels, the pic already has a stellar cast of Oscar winners and nominees: Forest Whitaker, David Oyelowo, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda, Oprah Winfrey, Minka Kelly, Cuba Gooding Jr, Terrance Howard, and Lenny Kravitz. And talks are underway with Vanessa Redgrave to join the pic as well. Pettyfer’s Westphall appears early in the life of Whitaker’s character and has a pivotal influence on the rest of that character’s life. Filming starts mid-July in New Orleans with producer Hillary Schor. Pettyfer is repped by WME.
Alex Pettyfer Joins Lee Daniels' 'The Butler'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
'Saturday Night Live' Taps Heidi Gardner, Luke Null & Chris Redd As New Cast Members, Adds 7 Writers For Season 43
Latest Film News
- ‘13 Reasons Why’s Anne Winters Joins ‘Night School’; ‘Trial By Fire’ Adds Jade Pettyjohn
- Oriental DreamWorks Names Peilin Chou As CCO; Designs Robust Animation Slate
- WME Signs ‘Five Fingers For Marseilles’ Duo Michael Matthews & Sean Drummond
- Leonardo DiCaprio & Martin Scorsese Ride Again On Teddy Roosevelt Pic At Paramount
- ‘A Country Of Strangers,’ Black List Script To Be Produced By Phoenix Pictures
- Rosa Parks Movie Focused On Her Early Activism In Works From Director Julie Dash & Invisible Pictures