EXCLUSIVE: Alex Pettyfer will next be seen — actually a lot of him will be seen — on the big screen shortly in the male stripping movie Magic Mike releasing into theaters on June 29th. The actor has just lined up his next movie, joining Precious director Lee Daniels’ The Butler in the role of Thomas Westphall. Like Daniels, the pic already has a stellar cast of Oscar winners and nominees: Forest Whitaker, David Oyelowo, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda, Oprah Winfrey, Minka Kelly, Cuba Gooding Jr, Terrance Howard, and Lenny Kravitz. And talks are underway with Vanessa Redgrave to join the pic as well. Pettyfer’s Westphall appears early in the life of Whitaker’s character and has a pivotal influence on the rest of that character’s life. Filming starts mid-July in New Orleans with producer Hillary Schor. Pettyfer is repped by WME.
Alex Pettyfer Joins Lee Daniels' 'The Butler'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest Film News
- Hilary Zaitz Michael Named WME Lit Packaging Agent
- ‘Brad’s Status’ Trailer: Mike White & Ben Stiller Plumb The Depths Of Dads
- Protagonist Pictures Ups Dave Bishop To CEO After Mike Goodridge Exit
- Toronto Film Festival 2017 Unveils Strong Slate
- Danny Huston, Rosemarie Dewitt & More Join Johnny Depp In ‘Richard Says Goodbye’
- Venice Days Lineup Includes Works From Chloe Sevigny, Kim Nguyen & China’s Pengfei