EXCLUSIVE: Alex Pettyfer will next be seen — actually a lot of him will be seen — on the big screen shortly in the male stripping movie Magic Mike releasing into theaters on June 29th. The actor has just lined up his next movie, joining Precious director Lee Daniels’ The Butler in the role of Thomas Westphall. Like Daniels, the pic already has a stellar cast of Oscar winners and nominees: Forest Whitaker, David Oyelowo, Alan Rickman, Jane Fonda, Oprah Winfrey, Minka Kelly, Cuba Gooding Jr, Terrance Howard, and Lenny Kravitz. And talks are underway with Vanessa Redgrave to join the pic as well. Pettyfer’s Westphall appears early in the life of Whitaker’s character and has a pivotal influence on the rest of that character’s life. Filming starts mid-July in New Orleans with producer Hillary Schor. Pettyfer is repped by WME.
Alex Pettyfer Joins Lee Daniels' 'The Butler'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Stephen Dorff Will Put On ‘Leatherface’ For Millennium’s ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ Prequel
- Broadway Will Dim Lights In Memory Of Director Gene Saks
- Bleecker Street Sets Amazon Deal
- Knopf Unveils ‘The Girl In The Spider’s Web’, Next Installment Of Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Series
- Rachel Weisz In Talks To Star Opposite Colin Firth In Donald Crowhurst Biopic
- Cannes In Focus On Femme Filmmakers; BAFTA Seeks Comedy Scripts: Global Briefs