Alec Baldwin will return to Broadway next spring in Lyle Kessler’s Orphans. This will be Baldwin’s first project post-30 Rock, which will conclude its final season on NBC next year. Orphans is the story of two orphaned brothers living in a decrepit North Philadelphia row house. Treat, the eldest, supports his damaged younger sibling by petty thievery, and makes the house a virtual prison for the seemingly simple-minded Phillip. One night he kidnaps a rich older man; Harold turns out to have his own motives and becomes the father figure the boys have always yearned for. Baldwin will play Harold. The roles of Treat and Phillip have yet to be cast. The play is directed by Daniel Sullivan and produced by Frederick Zollo and Robert Cole.
Alec Baldwin Returns To Broadway In 'Orphans'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video