MGM is moving quickly on its Robocop remake. Abbie Cornish has been offered the female lead in the Jose Padilha-directed remake of the Paul Verhoeven-directed original. The Killing‘s Joel Kinnaman has been set to play the title character, a cop who, near death, is turned into an indestructible crime-fighting force, and then begins to remember his past life. Cornish has been offered the role of his wife, who thinks she is a widow. Samuel L. Jackson is also reportedly in talks to join the cast. Cornish will next be seen in The Seven Psychopaths and just appeared in the Dave Riker-directed The Girl, which bowed at the Tribeca Film Festival. She’s repped by WME and Untitled.
Abbie Cornish In 'Robocop' Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Fleming Jr
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’