MGM is moving quickly on its Robocop remake. Abbie Cornish has been offered the female lead in the Jose Padilha-directed remake of the Paul Verhoeven-directed original. The Killing‘s Joel Kinnaman has been set to play the title character, a cop who, near death, is turned into an indestructible crime-fighting force, and then begins to remember his past life. Cornish has been offered the role of his wife, who thinks she is a widow. Samuel L. Jackson is also reportedly in talks to join the cast. Cornish will next be seen in The Seven Psychopaths and just appeared in the Dave Riker-directed The Girl, which bowed at the Tribeca Film Festival. She’s repped by WME and Untitled.
Abbie Cornish In 'Robocop' Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More