MGM is moving quickly on its Robocop remake. Abbie Cornish has been offered the female lead in the Jose Padilha-directed remake of the Paul Verhoeven-directed original. The Killing‘s Joel Kinnaman has been set to play the title character, a cop who, near death, is turned into an indestructible crime-fighting force, and then begins to remember his past life. Cornish has been offered the role of his wife, who thinks she is a widow. Samuel L. Jackson is also reportedly in talks to join the cast. Cornish will next be seen in The Seven Psychopaths and just appeared in the Dave Riker-directed The Girl, which bowed at the Tribeca Film Festival. She’s repped by WME and Untitled.
Abbie Cornish In 'Robocop' Talks
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Dax Shepard Driving Warner Bros 'CHiPS' Film; Michael Pena To Play Ponch
- 'GOT's Emilia Clarke, 'Hunger Games' Sam Claflin To Star In MGM's 'Me Before You'
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur