MGM is moving quickly on its Robocop remake. Abbie Cornish has been offered the female lead in the Jose Padilha-directed remake of the Paul Verhoeven-directed original. The Killing‘s Joel Kinnaman has been set to play the title character, a cop who, near death, is turned into an indestructible crime-fighting force, and then begins to remember his past life. Cornish has been offered the role of his wife, who thinks she is a widow. Samuel L. Jackson is also reportedly in talks to join the cast. Cornish will next be seen in The Seven Psychopaths and just appeared in the Dave Riker-directed The Girl, which bowed at the Tribeca Film Festival. She’s repped by WME and Untitled.
Abbie Cornish In 'Robocop' Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.5M; Jackie Chan's 'Skiptrace' Nails $64M Bow - Int'l Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…