MGM is moving quickly on its Robocop remake. Abbie Cornish has been offered the female lead in the Jose Padilha-directed remake of the Paul Verhoeven-directed original. The Killing‘s Joel Kinnaman has been set to play the title character, a cop who, near death, is turned into an indestructible crime-fighting force, and then begins to remember his past life. Cornish has been offered the role of his wife, who thinks she is a widow. Samuel L. Jackson is also reportedly in talks to join the cast. Cornish will next be seen in The Seven Psychopaths and just appeared in the Dave Riker-directed The Girl, which bowed at the Tribeca Film Festival. She’s repped by WME and Untitled.
Abbie Cornish In 'Robocop' Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: On…What Else? Sony Hack Attack
- Attention, Hacked And Beleaguered Sony Staffers: Self-Protection Tips
- Hollywood Needs Cyber Czar: Guest Column
- 'Saturday Night Live' At Halfway Mark: Reconsidering A Hot Mess
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'