Third Point CEO Daniel Loeb seems to have gotten just about everything he could want from the settlement agreement with Yahoo, disclosed today in an SEC filing. Yahoo agreed to pay Third Point $4M to compensate for its campaign to gain four board seats. Loeb settled for three, including one for himself. In return, Loeb and his colleagues signed a stand-still agreement: They can’t collectively own more than 10% of Yahoo’s voting shares — Third Point already has 5.8%. Also, if the group’s holdings fall below 2%, then they have to resign from the board. Loeb also said he wouldn’t engage in a proxy campaign, or even disparage the company, its directors “or any person who has served as an officer or director of Yahoo!.” That presumably ends Loeb’s effort to investigate how Yahoo came to misrepresent former CEO Scott Thompson’s bachelors’ degree. Meanwhile, Thompson — who just served as CEO for four months — agreed to give up unvested equity awards as well as severance compensation. He does get to keep a cash bonus and restricted stock provided to him when he signed on. Everyone agreed not to disparage Thompson as long as he reciprocates by not trash-talking the company or anyone there.
Yahoo Lays Out Peace Terms With Third Point And Ex-CEO Scott Thompson
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
'SNL' Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs' Questions, Yes-Ands In 'Chicago Improv'
Latest Film News
- Patricia Morison Dies: Glamourous Movie Star Of The 1940s Was 103
- 'First Reformed' Nabs Top Spot; 'Pope Francis' Mixed: Specialty Box Office
- Guns On The Playbill? Every Major Studio Has Them This Season
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Tops $1.81B WW – International…
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Swinging In As Second-Best Opening For R-Rated Pic With $125M
- 'No Blood Was Shed': Jury Head Cate Blanchett On Gender, Race And Choosing The 'Right' Palme D'Or