Third Point CEO Daniel Loeb seems to have gotten just about everything he could want from the settlement agreement with Yahoo, disclosed today in an SEC filing. Yahoo agreed to pay Third Point $4M to compensate for its campaign to gain four board seats. Loeb settled for three, including one for himself. In return, Loeb and his colleagues signed a stand-still agreement: They can’t collectively own more than 10% of Yahoo’s voting shares — Third Point already has 5.8%. Also, if the group’s holdings fall below 2%, then they have to resign from the board. Loeb also said he wouldn’t engage in a proxy campaign, or even disparage the company, its directors “or any person who has served as an officer or director of Yahoo!.” That presumably ends Loeb’s effort to investigate how Yahoo came to misrepresent former CEO Scott Thompson’s bachelors’ degree. Meanwhile, Thompson — who just served as CEO for four months — agreed to give up unvested equity awards as well as severance compensation. He does get to keep a cash bonus and restricted stock provided to him when he signed on. Everyone agreed not to disparage Thompson as long as he reciprocates by not trash-talking the company or anyone there.
Yahoo Lays Out Peace Terms With Third Point And Ex-CEO Scott Thompson
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- ‘Psychopaths’ Helmer Mickey Keating On His Altman-esque Approach To Horror — Tribeca Studio
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme
- Nicolas Cage Breaks Ankle On Movie Set In Bulgaria
- ‘Dog Years’: Adam Rifkin Was Only Going To Make His Latest Movie With Burt Reynolds In The Lead Role…