Third Point CEO Daniel Loeb seems to have gotten just about everything he could want from the settlement agreement with Yahoo, disclosed today in an SEC filing. Yahoo agreed to pay Third Point $4M to compensate for its campaign to gain four board seats. Loeb settled for three, including one for himself. In return, Loeb and his colleagues signed a stand-still agreement: They can’t collectively own more than 10% of Yahoo’s voting shares — Third Point already has 5.8%. Also, if the group’s holdings fall below 2%, then they have to resign from the board. Loeb also said he wouldn’t engage in a proxy campaign, or even disparage the company, its directors “or any person who has served as an officer or director of Yahoo!.” That presumably ends Loeb’s effort to investigate how Yahoo came to misrepresent former CEO Scott Thompson’s bachelors’ degree. Meanwhile, Thompson — who just served as CEO for four months — agreed to give up unvested equity awards as well as severance compensation. He does get to keep a cash bonus and restricted stock provided to him when he signed on. Everyone agreed not to disparage Thompson as long as he reciprocates by not trash-talking the company or anyone there.
Yahoo Lays Out Peace Terms With Third Point And Ex-CEO Scott Thompson
What's Hot on Deadline
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
'This Is Us': Creator Dan Fogelman & Cast Tease Even More Details About Season 2 - Deadline Emmy Panel
Boston Police Commissioner Praises "99.9 Percent" Of Protesters; Donald Trump Says Protest Helps "Heal"
Donald Trump Spotlights "Many Anti-Police Agitators" In Largely Peaceful Boston; Police Confirm Rocks Thrown
Latest Film News
- ‘Inconceivable’s Jonathan Baker, Who Filed Fraud Suit Against Emmett/Furla, Says He Has What Happened On Film…
- Looking Under ‘Logan Lucky’s Hood As ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Stands Tall With $21M Opening – Saturday…
- Donald Trump Blows Off Kennedy Center Honors; Avoiding “Political Distraction”
- Producer Joel Silver Sued For Wrongful Death In 2015 Drowning Of Assistant In Bora Bora
- Sonny Landham Dies: ‘Predator’ & ‘48 Hrs.’ Actor Was 76
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Crash: Details Emerge In Death Of Stuntwoman Joi Harris