Here’s another new company on the growing list of ventures involving veteran execs to be formed in recent months. Optimum founder Will Clarke, former Exclusive Media managing director Andy Mayson and former Pathé International exec Mike Runagall have jointly created UK-based Altitude Film Entertainment. It’s described as a “vertically integrated film company focusing on production, financing and international sales and with a strong commercial outlook” and with “the financial capability to get projects off the ground.” Clarke and Mayson are joint CEOs with Runagall managing director of Altitude Film Sales. The first partnerships are with directors James Watkins (The Woman In Black), Owen Harris (Holy Flying Circus) and Ben Craig (Modern Times) along with playwright Matt Charman and producer Gregor Cameron. With Watkins, Altitude is developing The Loch, a new take on the Loch Ness myth. Altitude is also teaming with Cameron and Harris to make Kill Your Friends, set in the Britpop era of the late 90s and based on John Niven’s novel. Finally, it’s producing Ben Craig and Matt Charman’s action adventure Mythica.
Will Clarke Unveils Production, Finance, Sales Outfit Altitude Film Entertainment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward