Sony Pictures TV International Production head Andrea Wong has hired a top creative executive. Wayne Garvie has been appointed as Chief Creative Officer, International Production. He will oversee creative development across SPT’s global network of joint-venture companies and its production studios outside of Los Angeles, reporting to Wong. SPT’s International Production business spans Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Latin America and the U.S. It runs wholly-owned SPT production companies in Russia, Germany, France, Lebanon, Egypt, Dubai and Miami. The business also operates joint-venture production companies in the UK (Gogglebox Entertainment, Victory Television and Silver River), France (Starling), Netherlands (Tuvalu Media), Russia (Lean-M), Italy (Toro), China (Huaso), Brazil (Floresta), Colombia (Teleset) and the U.S. (Embassy Row). These companies develop original content for local broadcasters as well as local format productions from SPT’s library, including Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, The Dr Oz Show, Dragons’ Den, Married…With Children and Everybody Loves Raymond. Garvie joins SPT from All3MEDIA, where he has been Managing Director International Production since January 2011. Previously, he was Managing Director for Content and Production at BBC Worldwide.
Wayne Garvie Named Chief Creative Officer, International Production At Sony TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Craig Ferguson To Visit NBC's 'Late Night With Seth Meyers' Tonight
- Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order, Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'