Sony Pictures TV International Production head Andrea Wong has hired a top creative executive. Wayne Garvie has been appointed as Chief Creative Officer, International Production. He will oversee creative development across SPT’s global network of joint-venture companies and its production studios outside of Los Angeles, reporting to Wong. SPT’s International Production business spans Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Latin America and the U.S. It runs wholly-owned SPT production companies in Russia, Germany, France, Lebanon, Egypt, Dubai and Miami. The business also operates joint-venture production companies in the UK (Gogglebox Entertainment, Victory Television and Silver River), France (Starling), Netherlands (Tuvalu Media), Russia (Lean-M), Italy (Toro), China (Huaso), Brazil (Floresta), Colombia (Teleset) and the U.S. (Embassy Row). These companies develop original content for local broadcasters as well as local format productions from SPT’s library, including Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, The Dr Oz Show, Dragons’ Den, Married…With Children and Everybody Loves Raymond. Garvie joins SPT from All3MEDIA, where he has been Managing Director International Production since January 2011. Previously, he was Managing Director for Content and Production at BBC Worldwide.
Wayne Garvie Named Chief Creative Officer, International Production At Sony TV
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'