Sony Pictures TV International Production head Andrea Wong has hired a top creative executive. Wayne Garvie has been appointed as Chief Creative Officer, International Production. He will oversee creative development across SPT’s global network of joint-venture companies and its production studios outside of Los Angeles, reporting to Wong. SPT’s International Production business spans Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Latin America and the U.S. It runs wholly-owned SPT production companies in Russia, Germany, France, Lebanon, Egypt, Dubai and Miami. The business also operates joint-venture production companies in the UK (Gogglebox Entertainment, Victory Television and Silver River), France (Starling), Netherlands (Tuvalu Media), Russia (Lean-M), Italy (Toro), China (Huaso), Brazil (Floresta), Colombia (Teleset) and the U.S. (Embassy Row). These companies develop original content for local broadcasters as well as local format productions from SPT’s library, including Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?, The Dr Oz Show, Dragons’ Den, Married…With Children and Everybody Loves Raymond. Garvie joins SPT from All3MEDIA, where he has been Managing Director International Production since January 2011. Previously, he was Managing Director for Content and Production at BBC Worldwide.
Wayne Garvie Named Chief Creative Officer, International Production At Sony TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison