Vince Vaughn is in negotiations to star in DreamWorks’ remake of the 2011 French-Canadian drama Starbuck, which premiered at last year’s Toronto festival. The film is about an immature middle-age man who discovers he has fathered over 530 children throughout the years through sperm donations. When 142 of his offspring file a class-action lawsuit to reveal their Dad’s identity, the man — known only as Starbuck on the donation forms — must decide whether he is going to become a real father. Ken Scott, who directed and co-wrote the French-language original, is on board for the remake, as is original producer Andre Rouleau. Vaughn has a pretty full slate this year. His sci-fi comedy The Watch, co-starring Ben Stiller and Jonah Hill, is coming out July 27. The actor is also reuniting with Wedding Crashers co-star Owen Wilson for The Internship. Additionally, Vaughn is set to star in a big-screen version of The Rockford Files for Universal, and the actor has a number of TV projects, including a comedy with Tony Danza, that he is producing.
Vince Vaughn In ‘Starbuck’ Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Explodes At The B.O.: Top 20 Pics +104% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $73M 5-Day - Friday Night Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First