Vince Vaughn is in negotiations to star in DreamWorks’ remake of the 2011 French-Canadian drama Starbuck, which premiered at last year’s Toronto festival. The film is about an immature middle-age man who discovers he has fathered over 530 children throughout the years through sperm donations. When 142 of his offspring file a class-action lawsuit to reveal their Dad’s identity, the man — known only as Starbuck on the donation forms — must decide whether he is going to become a real father. Ken Scott, who directed and co-wrote the French-language original, is on board for the remake, as is original producer Andre Rouleau. Vaughn has a pretty full slate this year. His sci-fi comedy The Watch, co-starring Ben Stiller and Jonah Hill, is coming out July 27. The actor is also reuniting with Wedding Crashers co-star Owen Wilson for The Internship. Additionally, Vaughn is set to star in a big-screen version of The Rockford Files for Universal, and the actor has a number of TV projects, including a comedy with Tony Danza, that he is producing.
Vince Vaughn In ‘Starbuck’ Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency