EXCLUSIVE: VH1 is stepping into the reality music competition arena with 60-Minute Superstar, a new series in development. It is executive produced by former MTV Networks entertainment president Brian Graden, who once led VH1’s ratings turnaround by introducing reality series to its lineup. Details about the format of 60-Minute Superstar are still being worked out, but it is described as a fast-paced music competition series that plucks unsuspecting singers out of their everyday lives to give them a shot at stardom. The aspiring singers will be secretly nominated by loved ones, neighbors, friends and co-workers. In each episode, three leading music producers will sift through the submissions with each selecting one “diamond in the rough” singer to transform. The three contestants will be instantly whisked away to Hollywood where they will immediately undergo intensive training for vocals and choreography and receive a makeover so they that sound, move and look like a superstar. At the end of each episode, the transformed singers will take the stage to perform. One winner will be selected to move on to the final stage, where the finalists will face off for a grand prize. The hourlong series will be executive produced by Graden and his Sunshine Industries partners Lois Curren and Gaurav Misra.
VH1 Developing Music Competition Series Produced By Brian Graden
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’
- NBA All-Star Game Scores In Ratings For TNT & TBS
- Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed