EXCLUSIVE: VH1 is stepping into the reality music competition arena with 60-Minute Superstar, a new series in development. It is executive produced by former MTV Networks entertainment president Brian Graden, who once led VH1’s ratings turnaround by introducing reality series to its lineup. Details about the format of 60-Minute Superstar are still being worked out, but it is described as a fast-paced music competition series that plucks unsuspecting singers out of their everyday lives to give them a shot at stardom. The aspiring singers will be secretly nominated by loved ones, neighbors, friends and co-workers. In each episode, three leading music producers will sift through the submissions with each selecting one “diamond in the rough” singer to transform. The three contestants will be instantly whisked away to Hollywood where they will immediately undergo intensive training for vocals and choreography and receive a makeover so they that sound, move and look like a superstar. At the end of each episode, the transformed singers will take the stage to perform. One winner will be selected to move on to the final stage, where the finalists will face off for a grand prize. The hourlong series will be executive produced by Graden and his Sunshine Industries partners Lois Curren and Gaurav Misra.
VH1 Developing Music Competition Series Produced By Brian Graden
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices